Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 02:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, you dug up two. Id bet those posters didnt realize the diarrhea was going on for three days when they posted their response. But if it makes ya feel better to interpret their statements as it being obsessive for the mom to take him to the dr. after 3 days....
It's not me who said it was obsessive. I was responding to you saying "And no one suggested taking the child to the doctor was obsessive." Yes, two people did suggest just that.

Every time someone on this board says "no one said (XYX)", it turns out they're wrong, someone did say it. Be careful in saying that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 02:09 PM

4,170 posts, read 2,566,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Ya think?
You seem to be at war with everyone.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
What's your issue?

Old 08-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Haha, probably. Kids get sick occasionally. It's what they do. No need to go overboard with this on her end. It seems a little obsessive. Especially since it was so short term, and he is back to being healthy as a horse. This whole thing could have started on her watch. Be thankful it was nothing major, and move on. The other kids were unaffected so that should tell us something.
Let me clarify that I didn't mean that the mom taking the boy to the doc was obsessive. But that she is still going on, and on about it even though the test results were negative, and the boy is now healthy. That last part is what I was zeroing in on.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What's your issue?

^^^^^ This is self explanatory.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yup, seems like she wanta something she can use so she can't be over ruled by her husband next time he wants to take his kids to see his family. Its sad.
But it happens... More often than you might think!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
But it happens... More often than you might think!
Oh, I know it does. It still doesn't make it any less sad that the husbands family is treated so poorly. They're his kids too.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Yup, came from a small town in the Forties and Fifties it was surrounded by dairy farms. There was a very broad creek running through it...no public sew system, so we all had cesspools, unless you lived near enough to the big, beautiful creek or one of the small streams around town, in which case the cheap-os just had it drain into them. The fields and woods were gorgeous, I dream of them even now eight decades later, and they were filled with plants that would give you all sorts of welts similar to hives.

I had hives, rashes, the poops, puked and all the rest of it multiple times growing up, but even my rather over-protective mother certainly did not rush me to the doctor. This was part of the routine of growing up. Good grief, the OP would have gone into cardiac arrest seeing we kids crossing the crap-filled cow pasture to try to catch the frogs in their drinking pond....cows are not loathe to crap where they drink, by the way.

No kid died of anything except polio or falling through the ice and drowning in the winter.

Kids grow up in an atmosphere of real hysteria today, our natural world is an enemy to be feared. The human animal truly will be better off living on Mars, a sterile, dead planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have 2 gkids before they came along 2 nephews who pretty much spent weekends with me from the time they were two until about 10 or 12. There was no "instructions" given. I informed my brother and SIL, son and DIL what my "instructions" were. I treat your kids like my kids, I let your kids do what I let my kids do and I discipline your kids like I did my kids. If you don't like it, don't bring your kids here.
We did lots stuff that their parents (with the exception of my son) would have never done with them.
Played in ponds and creeks, hiked up and down gorges, rode horses, got dirty, stayed up late, ate whatever, watched scary movies and when it was time for bed it was like John Denver's song Grandmas featherbed, but it held 4 kids, 2 hound dogs and a piggy they stole from the shed.
Kids are grown now, the youngest gson is 16. No one died and the nephews spend more time visiting me than their parents.

As far as the sickness IMO its doubtful the boy got sick due to the creek as the other kids have not had issues all summer. Probable has more to do with a weak immune system.
"No one died" is like fingernails scratching on a chalkboard to me. A lot of kids did die from some of these old "common sense" parenting customs.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:50 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Let me clarify that I didn't mean that the mom taking the boy to the doc was obsessive. But that she is still going on, and on about it even though the test results were negative, and the boy is now healthy. That last part is what I was zeroing in on.
Yep. that has been explained ad nauseum yet they just keep bringing it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting