Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:32 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Getting sick of this B.S. I am old. I was never into pot, but when I was growing up a "dime bag" was $10, I believe. I have no idea how much illegal pot is these days, but legal pot in states where it is sold medicinally and recreationally, is super expensive. I don't smoke it, so I can't tell you what it costs, per se - but the edibles are extremely expensive.

I am sick of defending my questions which were just genuine curiosities about financing certain party drugs, including alcohol. I don't even know how much booze costs these days - I think it is more affordable than pot, though.

I was hoping someone who actually knows about these things would post a response, but all I get is defensive parents trying to deflect by turning questions back at me.
A dime bag is still $10. Dime bag refers to the cost, not the quantity. Currently, an 1/8 ounce can run as low as $25 in Denver, which is about what a teenage girl makes for a couple of hours of babysitting or a teenage boy makes for mowing & edging the average size lawn in my neighborhood. The thing to remember, though, is that those under the age of 21 cannot purchase from a dispensary, so someone would have to buy it for them if they go the legal route. If they buy it on the street, however, none of that applies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 06:34 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
A dime bag is still $10. Dime bag refers to the cost, not the quantity. Currently, an 1/8 ounce can run as low as $25 in Denver, which is about what a teenage girl makes for a couple of hours of babysitting or a teenage boy makes for mowing & edging the average size lawn in my neighborhood.
Wow. The teens make good money there.

How much is 1/8 ounce (about how many joints)?

Is that for legal or illegal pot?

Old 09-13-2018, 06:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
I'm just giving my observation in my community. I can't think of a single time I have seen a teen working, even in the summer . . . I am not sure why this is the case and it is not a scientific analysis. It is only my observation AND some teens wherever you are do not work . . . so THOSE teens who do not work and who party, where are they getting their dinero?
Odd. I can’t think of a single business in my area that doesn’t employee teenagers, especially during the summer. My own teenager mows lawns, dog-sits, and was a counselor-in-training at summer camp. Anecdotally, he’s saving his earnings to buy an XBox.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
A dime bag is still $10. Dime bag refers to the cost, not the quantity. Currently, an 1/8 ounce can run as low as $25 in Denver, which is about what a teenage girl makes for a couple of hours of babysitting or a teenage boy makes for mowing & edging the average size lawn in my neighborhood. The thing to remember, though, is that those under the age of 21 cannot purchase from a dispensary, so someone would have to buy it for them if they go the legal route. If they buy it on the street, however, none of that applies.
Waxing nostalgic, I remember in early high school we’d all pool our money to buy a dime bag on Friday. The number of hits allowed was in direct proportion to how much money one contributed.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Wow. The teens make good money there.

How much is 1/8 ounce (about how many joints)?

Is that for legal or illegal pot?
That's the low end of what is available at a dispensary here in Denver. If someone buys it on the street, I have no idea. I don't use marijuana, so I can only research legal sales information.

As for how many joints, no clue, but I believe the minimum purchase size from a dispensary is 1/8th ounce.

And, yes, teens do make good money in my neighborhood for child and lawn care. The days of paying a babysitter $3/hr are long over. Minimum wage is currently $10.20 in Colorado, so a teen could purchase an 1/8th ounce with just one short shift bagging groceries.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-13-2018 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-13-2018, 06:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibbiekat View Post
[mod]orphaned[/nod] you said pot is way more expensive now than it used to be. You seem to be an authority on the subject. Just wondering where you get your info. Surely you couldn't have been one of those awful pot smoking teens...
+1.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-20-2018 at 06:14 AM..

Old 09-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
That's the low end of what is available at a dispensary here in Denver. If someone buys it on the street, I have no idea. I don't use marijuana, so I can only research legal sales information.

As for how many joints, no clue, but I believe the minimum purchase size from a dispensary is 1/8th ounce.

And, yes, teens do make good money in my neighborhood for child and lawn care. The days of paying a babysitter $3/hr is long over. Minimum wage is currently $10.20 in Colorado, so a teen could purchase an 1/8th ounce with just one short shift bagging groceries.
Thank you. I appreciate your research. I had no idea about costs or pay.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate your research. I had no idea about costs or pay.
BTW, this information isn't hard to access. Took me all of about three minutes to find it. If you can post to C-D, you are more than capable of researching this stuff for yourself rather than blowing up the Parenting sub-forum.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
BTW, this information isn't hard to access. Took me all of about three minutes to find it. If you can post to C-D, you are more than capable of researching this stuff for yourself rather than blowing up the Parenting sub-forum.

Is there a list of preferred topics for the Parenting sub-forum?

I didn't know their were approved topics.

P.S. If something is not of interest to you, you don't have to click on it and then post complaints about it.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Is there a list of preferred topics for the Parenting sub-forum?

I didn't know their were approved topics.

P.S. If something is not of interest to you, you don't have to click on it and then post complaints about it.
You were making claims that are patently false (teenagers don't work, marijuana is too expensive for them to afford) and that are easy to double-check with just a few minutes of research. It's one thing to ask for opinions and to debate positions, but from my angle (and, it appears, lots of others who frequent this forum), you just wanted to start an argument, and no surprise, you got one. And then without taking a breath, you started another one about vaping! Please.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-13-2018 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting