Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 09:07 AM

76 posts, read 43,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Someone (?) posted a few pages back (and this thread is giving me a headache) that Noah and his family were Christians. The story of Noah is in Genesis, well before Christ.
alright I repeat, now what does this mean? ^^
if you are getting a headache, why keep participating in this thread?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Ok I will repeat what I stated before
The First Tribulation equated to only Noah's family being saved during the flood.
Nothings changed.

Most people are not Christians, we know this
There are very few Christians per the scriptures.
So why we are even discussing whether or not someone is a cub scout and Christian, is irrelevant to the thread.
If there were any Christians within this particular group of Cub Scounts, that would be surprising

Since most people are not christian, as the christian bible testifies that to itself,
we know the Op is just trying to grasp at straws due to their deep seeded issues with God.

please please....don't pull your child into these deep seeded psychological problems of yours Op,
Let them participate as a member of the cub scouts.
They are a hands down, wonderful organization of great folks.
You'd need to try hard to see anything bad in this organization

Whatever issues you have with God, try to resolve them
Others are being affected, negatively, by this. JMHO

Old 10-12-2018, 09:22 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBunker View Post
Ok I will repeat what I stated before
The First Tribulation equated to only Noah's family being saved during the flood.
Nothings changed.

Most people are not Christians, we know this
There are very few Christians per the scriptures.
So why we are even discussing whether or not someone is a cub scout and Christian, is irrelevant to the thread.
If there were any Christians within this particular group of Cub Scounts, that would be surprising

Since most people are not christian, as the christian bible testifies that to itself,
we know the Op is just trying to grasp at straws due to their deep seeded issues with God.

please please....don't pull your child into these deep seeded psychological problems of yours Op,
Let them participate as a member of the cub scouts.
They are a hands down, wonderful organization of great folks.
You'd need to try hard to see anything bad in this organization

Whatever issues you have with God, try to resolve them
Others are being affected, negatively, by this. JMHO
What?? Deep seeded (I presume you mean seated? Like seated deeply?) His kid can't go to ONE group and this is a deep seated issue that he has to resolve because some people on the internet can't grasp a different PoV? This gets wackier and wackier by the minute.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:23 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I believe it was the OP who brought it up. He's going to be surprised when DS starts asking questions about Christmas.
I missed that. Why would asking questions about Christmas be surprising?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:24 AM

Christmas is only relevant to Non Christians. It's a secular holiday which means nothing to Christians.
There is no mandate, nor any sort of tradition, Christians are instructed to follow which has anything to do with Christ or bringing gifts a particular day of the year. If you are a Christian, you celebrate it like any other day. Or choose to have fun with the fat man fantasy of a jolly old man riding on a raindeer to come bring gifts. Whatever.

We all know Christmas isn't a Christian holiday. It's based on a fat man who rides a sleigh bringing children gifts. Amongst other child oriented characters.

We all know Easter is not based on Christ being risen. It's based on a ficticous Easter Bunny who lays various collored eggs and somehow easter baskets came into play.

"Do this in rememberance of me" is Jesus DIRECT instructions to participate in what is known as communion which IS a tradition though not based on a particular day of the year. I suppose it could be. That is the closest thing to a Christian holiday there could ever be for a Christian.

So just as the Cub Scouts can recite some verbage including GODs name, it has nothing to do with someone being a Christian. Just as using money which has the words GOD on it does. This is not biblical, the bible testifies to no such thing. It's just secular traditions, which is here nor there.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:27 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,413 times
Quote:

So just as the Cub Scouts can recite some language, it has nothing to do with someone being a Christian. Just as using money which has the words GOD on it does. This is not biblical, the bible testifies to no such thing. It's just secular traditions, which is here nor there.
I agree that the Cub Scout oath and law doesn't refer specifically to Christianity. My problem is the oath in any God and the fact that my child would be lying when reciting the oath and pledging to believe in all of the group's values.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:27 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,558,895 times
Wow, 36 pages already on this. I see why the OP didn't want to get too specific in the opening post. I've not read more than the first page, not going to read the rest. Only going to suggest (and apologize if already mentioned, as I suspect it has been), but to a 5 year old, God really has nothing to do with the Cub Scouts. To a kid, it's about camping and trying to learn how to take care of yourself and your community, regardless of what "God" means to them. OP, I don't see Jesus selling me those cookies or popcorn every year. I see little kids learning how to do something that may help them stay out of trouble. Think of it as your typical after-school extra curricular activity, and if need be, ignore the God part.

I was in the scouts. I really have no religious position in life either. But glad I had the chance to be apart of the scouts. Was fun!

On the family's belief aspect - totally your call here, but my only advice would be to try and avoid teaching your kids that some things in life are off limits to them because of religious beliefs. Totally get it though. But man, we really don't need anymore religious segregation in this world. Seems like a trigger point for so much heartache and destruction. In this country (US), freedom of religion is a bedrock value and that includes those who do not follow a religion in general. Heck, scholars have long document the birth of America as those fleeing religious persecution in general.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What?? Deep seeded (I presume you mean seated? Like seated deeply?) His kid can't go to ONE group and this is a deep seated issue that he has to resolve because some people on the internet can't grasp a different PoV? This gets wackier and wackier by the minute.
I used the term deep seeded due to the bible.

Our seed was corrupted in the garden of eden per the scriptures.
Sorry, a bad way to word it since not everyone would understand.

There are no different point of view here. Only facts... but your view matters nonetheless. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Oaths came up yet in relation to non christians

Christians are bound to their oaths according to their own truth, the bible.. The Op is stating THEY ARE NOT a Christian so this imaginary dillema which only actually applies to Christians, he has adopted for himself. Clearly this person has issues with God and is using his child as a ploy due to anger. This is something he needs to resolve. Non believers are not bound to Matthew 5:37, nor does it really apply here anyhow

Matthew 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

https://www.biblehub.com/matthew/5-37.htm

Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I agree that the Cub Scout oath and law doesn't refer specifically to Christianity. My problem is the oath in any God and the fact that my child would be lying when reciting the oath and pledging to believe in all of the group's values.
Your child is only 5. He/she is not lying when asked to recite anything which has to do with God. Anything at all. Don't put that head trip on him. He is a CHILD. What you are doing is cruel. Sorry but those are the facts.

You need to get this issue with God of the Bible resolved. I suggest you pick up a bible and learn what you are actually so adamantly against so it doesn't have such a grip on your life, and your innocent childs. This is all imaginary in your head. I hope this gets resolved within you, we all have issues, but we try not to let it affect our kids

Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,413 times
Quote:
I used the term deep seeded due to the bible.

Our seed was corrupted in the garden of eden. Sorry bad way to word it since not everyone would understand.

There are no different point of view here. Only facts... but your view matters nonetheless. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Oaths came up yet in relation to non christians

Christians are bound to their oaths according to their own truth, the bible.. The Op is stating THEY ARE NOT a Christian so this imaginary dillema which only actually applies to Christians, he has adopted for himself. Clearly this person has issues with God and is using his child as a ploy due to anger. This is something he needs to resolve. Non believers are not bound to Matthew 5:37, nor does it really apply here anyhow

Matthew 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

https://www.biblehub.com/matthew/5-37.htm
If I understand what you are saying, and I'm not confident I do, are you implying that because I am not a Christian oaths do not mean anything to me? If you are I can't wrap my head around this. Oaths and promises absolutely matter to me.

Quote:
You need to get this issue with God of the Bible resolved. I suggest you pick up a bible and learn what you are actually so adamantly against so it doesn't have such a grip on your life, and your innocent childs. This is all imaginary in your head. I hope this gets resolved within you, we all have issues, but we try not to let it affect our kids
Umm, no thanks. This is thread isn't about me or my family becoming religious. I've examined the Bible enough to know that I do not accept its claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting