Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:17 PM

21 posts, read 3,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
This saga is getting a bit long in the tooth. What is your involvement?
I'm a concerned friend.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
If this was my friend, she wouldn't be for long, as I would report this to Child Protective Services, who could help get them on the right track! I only feel sorry for the dog, and would never tolerate that abuse. The mother could call the school and explain the issues she is having with the child and ask them for guidance as to who to see, as they should know. The child may need special classes.

This is such nonsense that I just hope it is made up!

Old Today, 02:52 PM

Replying to AnywhereElse:

"I would report this to Child Protective Services"
The school called them a few weeks ago. I doubt that they'll be useful.

"I only feel sorry for the dog"
The girl didn't ask for any of this.

"The mother could call the school."
She did. They're not doing much.

"This is such nonsense that I just hope it is made up!"
I wish it was.

Old Today, 02:59 PM

22,571 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Report her to CPS… saying I doubt they will be on any use is ridiculous, as you are asking for advice and dismissing everything suggested!

What is your relationship to the mother?

Old Today, 03:26 PM

Replying to Pitt Chick

"Report her to CPS… saying I doubt they will be on any use is ridiculous, as you are asking for advice and dismissing everything suggested!"
I used to work for CPS so I know how useless they are. They can cause more harm than good. It doesn't matter since the school has called them already

"What is your relationship to the mother?"
See message #41

Old Today, 04:41 PM

9,283 posts, read 14,894,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I only feel sorry for the dog,
This is such nonsense that I just hope it is made up!
Welcome to the real world. I'm sure this story is unfortunately common, especially with so many single parents.

I find it appalling that so many care more for animals than they do for human children.

Old Today, 04:59 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Thread temporarily closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting