Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,770 times

Advertisements

My daughter's urine output is less these last couple of days, basically I'm changing her diapers less. Could it mean she's holding it longer and is ready for potty training or could it be something serious? She'll be three in August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 06:00 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
It could be that she is ready. Have you tried regular training panties, or even the pull ups?
I`m sure that you ask her if she needs to potty and all that...I would take her to the restroom now, and start.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Also, if it's been hot in your area, she could be sweating it off. However, it might be time to try potty training since she'll be 3 in August. My daughter became potty trained 2 days before her 3rd birthday. I jumped for joy!!!! It's easier in the summertime anyway .

Old 06-16-2008, 06:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Just DON'T use pull-ups; put her right in underwear...

Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Just DON'T use pull-ups; put her right in underwear...
Totally agree with this. Pull-ups can lengthen potty training because they know they have a crutch and they'll use it. With both of my girls, I had to just take the plunge because it just wasn't working using pullups (you'd think I would have learned after the first one, but of course I didn't!!) Good luck!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,311 times
I would just talk it up, take her with you when you go once in awhile, go out and buy her some cute undies she likes and tell her to let you know when she wants to go potty like a big girl. She will tell you one day and it will be literally, that simple. My ped advised us to do that with our first and it worked with him, as well as with the second and third. They were 3 years, 1 month; 3 years, 2 months and 2 years, 10 months the day they decided to be potty trained.

Nancy

Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 PM

335 posts, read 1,028,980 times
It could be a couple of things that which you stated or she is not drinking enough liquids.
But if she is almost 3 then yes start, get her a small potty or a child size plastic rim.
And I agree those training pants are devils in disguise unless you have the time to be diligent and do not wish to do a load of laundry. I would try putting on the training pants and regular underwear over them and let her run around this way.
Make it a big deal, take her to the store and have her help her pic out her new big girl undies.
Take her to the potty in the beginning regardless if she shows indication of having to use the potty or not every 15 minutes!
And what I did at my center as well as with my son (And I have potty trained many children) I have a load of stickers, and when they trickle in the potty I gushed, "Yay, you went pee or poopie, look" then I would allow them to pick a sticker (out of about 4) and let them stick it anywhere on there body!
ps...Oriental trading co. has great prices on rolls of 100 of different types of stickers and other small prizes at very reasonable prices. This is an online co. so google oriental tradingco.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
I highly recommend the 3 Day Potty Training method. At nearly 3, she is most certainly ready for this. And, don't fear completely getting rid of the diapers, even at night. It's possible. My daughter aced this within one hour three months ago and it has been great. My daughter will be 3 in August, too.

Here is the site:
3 Day Potty Training

Old 06-17-2008, 04:59 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
My daughter's urine output is less these last couple of days, basically I'm changing her diapers less. Could it mean she's holding it longer and is ready for potty training or could it be something serious? She'll be three in August.
my son is doing the same thing. my dh seems so surprised that each time we think he needs to be changed, its completely dry. and then at other times, he is leaking. i think he is ready to start at least trying to potty train.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
My son is now 22 months old. We've been working on the potty training for the last couple of months. He just started yanking his diaper off after he'd go pee...or the other. So we just started buying big boy undies....and he seems to be more willing to go use the potty because of it. The 'crutch' effect of diapers and pullups is right I think. If we put him in those he's less likely to want to go use the potty. When we put him in big boy undies he comes to tell us he needs to go. We hope to have him fully potty trained in a couple of months.

His older sister was dang near impossible to potty train. We started working with her on it when she was 2 1/2. She's 4 now and still she has accidents periodically. She just gets to playing around and doesn't think about needing to go. You can even ask her if she needs to go and she'll deny it....right up until she pee's herself. She was also they type that when she was a baby she didn't care at all to be wet or dirty. She never acted like it was uncomforatable at all.

Our oldest was, believe it or not, nearly fully potty trained by the time she was 10 months old. She was an early walker and also did not tolerate wetness in the least. So it was as if she were instantly potty trained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting