Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:43 AM

181 posts, read 631,469 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if other Moms agree that loosing your Mom is something that you never really get over. Above all other people this loss is the worse. I think it is even harder when you are a Mom as well. I know and I did it too , complain about your Mom. Calling , butting in with the kids. But after she is gone you would give anything to deal with all those things again. My Mom died almost three years ago. We have all moved on and we miss her and the Holidays are still not the same. As a Mom of 7 I feel I need to make sure they know I'm their biggest fan. I miss being a daughter and having my mom be my biggest fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
My mama had been gone since March 1997 and very rarely does a day go by that I dont miss her.....I am so glad my daughter had her in her life, and wish my granddaughter could have too....oh the memories and stories I can share.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:08 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,001 times
It will be 12 years since I lost my mother and just the other day I got all emotional about it because hubby and i were reminded of her by something we said. I don't think death is something we "get over" but we do our best to move on without them. My mother did not get to see me marry (but had met & liked my hubby), did not get to see me married, nor met my children, that is what I can't get over. I was not close to my mother until the very end and then I started noticing and appreciating our similarities in mannerisms and appearance. I said it in another thread when I look at my hands I see my mother in them and now when I look at my child's hands I see mine.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:40 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,230,916 times
My mother died on Memorial Day in 2002...her birthday was this past week. We were very close from the time I was little. We never had any issues and she told me once that I was the only person to make her happy. She adored my daughter, but didn't live to see her raise money to go to England or graduate from HS or choose a college. It's something you never get over.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:57 PM

303 posts, read 980,239 times
Default Male response

I am not a "mom", but a dad, and granfather who lost one in 1981. From a male pont of view, I don't think men really ever get over it. I was close to my mom and she was a vital part of my life. Whenever I hear a song she loved, or see anything that reminds me of her, I miss her.

My wife lost her mom about one year ago, and it has been very difficuly for her, as they too were close.

Memories live on the rest of our lives. My mom still "lives" in me.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I`m sure that will be a devastating loss to me!! A big one.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:26 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
I agree, it's not easy to get over. Especially if your mom died young. The thing that bothers me most is she didn't live to see her grandchildren.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
My mom died 10 years ago. She was 49 and I was 20. Oh how I needed her when I had my baby boy. How I needed her advice, her guidance. I felt so lonely, I did of course have my husband to help me through the challenges, but that motherly guidance is what I needed so badly.
I don't think people ever really get over the death of a loved one, especially the death of their mother. It is something that will always nag you inside, a dull pain, emptiness that doesn't really go away completely.
There are some days when I don't think about mom, but there are times, when all of a sudden I miss her sooo much that it is almost painful. I really want to believe that I will see her again, but maybe not, how can anyone know for sure?
My mother also did not see me get married and she never got to meet my baby boy. I just hope that she does see him from far away...

Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 PM

303 posts, read 980,239 times
Default Max's mom

Oh, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so, so sorry that you lost

your mom at such a young age. So sad and my heart goes out to you.

My wife and I have four grown kids, and three of them are parents. My

wife has been such a trooper to help and advise our two girls and son

through out the years. Sometimes, she amazes me.

It is a loss that your mom was not there when you needed her, but she

would have been there if she could have. It must have been very hard for

you. Bless your heart.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:03 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Slape View Post
Oh, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so, so sorry that you lost

your mom at such a young age. So sad and my heart goes out to you.

My wife and I have four grown kids, and three of them are parents. My

wife has been such a trooper to help and advise our two girls and son

through out the years. Sometimes, she amazes me.

It is a loss that your mom was not there when you needed her, but she

would have been there if she could have. It must have been very hard for

you. Bless your heart.
Thank you for your kindest words...may you be blessed too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting