Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., Sept. 3 (UPI) -- A judge in Gwinnett County, Ga., says a 61-year-old man who allegedly slapped a 2-year-old girl multiple times at a Wal-Mart has been denied bond.

Atlanta's WSB reported Wednesday that Roger Stephens was ordered jailed until his next court appearance in connection with Monday's incident at a Wal-Mart in Stone Mountain.

Man accused of slapping child denied bond - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,914 times
Well done. What's wrong with that man.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
I'm glad he was denied bond. We alread have a thread started, so maybe we can merge this.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:55 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,011,339 times
I think denying him bond was wrong, and unless he has some record of skipping out on court dates or something already this will come back to bite the prosecution. I hope he goes for a trial by jury, because I have a suspicion he will be freed if he gets a jury full of people who can't stand screaming brats.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 AM

65 posts, read 143,088 times
No jury in the world is going to let a grown man that's attacked an innocent child, go free. He'll be convicted, which is what he certainly deserves. Maybe he can get a few slaps to the head from his fellow inmates when he begins to bawl after he discovers how the guys in prison like to deliver justice. Karma is a b*tch baby.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:11 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,804,502 times
When I saw the video of him at his arraignment it confirmed what we most thought- he appears to have some "issues." That being said - I could care less whether he gets bond or not - he knew nothing of that child nor parent and assaulted a 2 year old. For those who say it was a "screaming brat" I would love for the next time you say or annoy someone they come up and slap you a few times - but then they would have to be significantly larger and stronger than you - unfortunately for karma - thats unlawful.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:13 AM

754 posts, read 1,923,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
I think denying him bond was wrong, and unless he has some record of skipping out on court dates or something already this will come back to bite the prosecution. I hope he goes for a trial by jury, because I have a suspicion he will be freed if he gets a jury full of people who can't stand screaming brats.

A 2 year old as a "screaming brat" - most are still in diapers at this point. You don't have children and hopefully never will.

If they are crying, there is usually a reason. It is up to the parents to try to accomodate a childs schedule for example this may have been the baby's regular nap time and it was sleepy. Then again, this Mom may be a single Mom and not have the means to leave the child at home and this was her only available time?

This guy is a nut job with a short fuse and deserves all the jail time he can get - perhaps he can slap around some prisoners - or they can slap him around.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,011,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
When I saw the video of him at his arraignment....
Haven't seen this, got a link?

Also, if she did so much damage to this kid, are there medical reports? Did the parent take the kid to the doc or assume 'no real harm done'? Could have a big impact at trial.

As a side note.. did anyone else get a sudden urge to go see Indiana Jones?

Last edited by Smooth23; 09-04-2009 at 06:46 AM..

Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Whether there was lasting physical injury or not, this guy deserves to have the book thrown at him. Whatever "issues" he may have are of no consequence. Had that been my child, he could only hope to have ever made it to jail in the first place as that would be the safest place for him. There's no place in any society for someone, particularly of that age, who has attacked a defenseless young child, crying or not.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:12 AM

224 posts, read 689,766 times
i wonder why the mother just stood there and let some old man slap her kid around, doesn't say much for the parent either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting