Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times

Advertisements

Well, lots of widely varying advice here. The only thing I would add is, if you are going to do this again, be sure hubby knows how to set a locking access code to his phone!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That doesn't even matter. What matters is that these girls now know that their MOM condones sending nudie pics. I'm not judging here...really I'm not. But this is exactly the sort of thing that gets these kids in trouble...Missy had better sit those girls down HARD and have a very very serious talk about this.

She condones sending them to her HUSBAND, big F'in deal!!!

And no offense, but you ARE judging.

How will it get them in trouble? She needs to set them down and explain the honest truth. Her and Dad are married, yes they have sex, yes they enjoy it; and it was a form of foreplay/tease for them, and ONLY for Dad. No, it's not ok to do that stuff and send it to random people, nor is it ok or accepted to send pics like that to a bf.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
What to tell her? Tell her you're an adult, her mother and you do not owe her an explanation.

In other words, be the adult. Frankly, by her behavior and language to you, it's pretty obvious that the adult role was handed over long ago. Take it back.

If my kids had said something like that, by the time they'd finished picking their teeth off the floor... well, it's not really something I have to think about. I've taught mine respect.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What a stupid response! Blame it all on the kids and they don't have the right to feel the way they do when they come across something as inappropriate as this.

I feel like the kids probably have more common sense than their parents, and you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days! Most parents in this country are freaking idiots with no common sense.
BS! If the kids had not have snooped, they wouldn't be "scarred for life, OMG!?!?!?!?!!!"

This is NOT Missy's fault, it's her 14yr old's fault for snooping and messing with things that DO NOT belong to her.

Oh and for the record, there is NOTHING wrong with what she did, not a damn thing in the world.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
BS! If the kids had not have snooped, they wouldn't be "scarred for life, OMG!?!?!?!?!!!"

This is NOT Missy's fault, it's her 14yr old's fault for snooping and messing with things that DO NOT belong to her.

Oh and for the record, there is NOTHING wrong with what she did, not a damn thing in the world.

When you are freaking parent, you are supposed to be a role model. The girl is basically a child and she has every reason in the world to be shocked and find this type of behavior bizarre and inappropriate. Nothing wrong with sexting uh? So,why are we having this discussion? Some of you people have absolutely no morals, values and common sense. Hmm, and they wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days, most parents are morons with no freaking common sense.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
If you continue to do this kind of thing it will eventually get out and other people will see them. There is no possible way to safeguard this. What if he lost his phone? Or does an accidential "forward", or a friend borrows it to make a call and snoops... So much can go wrong (and already has) and so little thought seems to going into it. You really should rethink how you get your jollies. Even my kids know better. And the only "fault" here is yours.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:50 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Your assuming she's not a role model, thats unfair. Kids think its disgusting that their parents have sex at all, no doubt they were shocked. There are issues here of respect for privacy, at 14 and 16, their old enough to understand what they've violated.

Quote:
When you are freaking parent, you are supposed to be a role model. The girl is basically a child and she has every reason in the world to be shocked and find this type of behavior bizarre and inappropriate. Nothing wrong with sexting uh? So,why are we having this discussion? Some of you people have absolutely no morals, values and common sense. Hmm, and they wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days, most parents are morons with no freaking common sense.

Last edited by virgode; 12-16-2009 at 12:58 AM..

Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Seriously?

Grow up, really.

Yes, a CHILD that has no damn reason to be snooping into someone else private posessions!

I AM a parent, and guess what?! I still have SEX with my husband, and yes we have taken "naughty pics", big deal! It's part of a NATURAL, NORMAL, HEALTHY sex life; unless of course you are a repressed stuffy prude that thinks sex is dirty.

Lastly, you don't know me, or Missy or anyone else on this board personally, so you have NO right to judge ANY of us, nor do you have a right to say ANYTHING about our values or morals or common sense.

It's not like the kid found a stash of coke or heroin, or she found pics of someone other than her Mom on Dad's phone while she was in the commission of privacy invasion. It was her Mom sending pics to her Dad (step), and they are married; at 14 and 16, they should know about sex already; it's a standard part of high school health class, which in Kentucky is MANDATORY for ALL freshman.

Seriously, sex is not bad, nor is trying to spice up your sex life, and have fun teasing and pleasing your spouse.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Your assuming she's not a role model, thats unfair. Kids think its disgusting that their parents have sex at all, no doubt they were shocked. There are issues here of respect for privacy, at 14 and 16, their old enough to understand what they've violated.
No, the issue is if you take dirty pictures and send them electronically there is a high probability they will be seen by other people. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

If you are ok with your kids or the neighbors or anyone else you know seeing them then go right ahead.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
and now my 16 year old thinks I am a ****. I'm devestated. what do I do now?
My first instinct would be to smack that kid across the face for thinking that. But that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting