Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I think I have made my feelings on the matter pretty clear now. What I did was not wrong. The kids have been told a thousand times to leave our stuff alone. We spice things up by texting and sending pictures. there aint a dang thing wrong with that and I am not going to stop something we enjoy so much because my kids wont listen. Maybe they wont mess with my stuff again.
Now that's the attitude!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:14 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Ok i think this thread has served its purpose. Can we close it please?

Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I guess it's good to have someone come in with an opposing veiw so you can possibly see both sides of an arguement.

But honestly....sounds like you don't have much of a sex life.

You shouldn't have to give up being a sexual being for the sake of your kids. This woman who loves her husband very much sent a marraige-spicing image of herself on her PRIVATE cell phone to his PRIVATE cell phone. That privacy was inappropriately invaded by their snooping children. That is what is wrong here. Mom has nothing to be ashamed of. The children should be ashamed of themselves....and you know what? Hopefully the shock of seeing their mom like that will be enough to keep them from snooping anymore!

And btw....Right now as I type this I've got some pics of my wife on my phone! Serves as a pleasant reminder for what's waiting for me when I get home.
Almost no type of electronic exchange of information is PRIVATE, there are so many ways to intercept cell phone communication, if you want I can give you the name of a few software applications that allows you to monitor cell phone communication LEGALLY. And believe me, the dirty pics go through the network, so Qwest, Verizon or whatever carrier they use has FULL access to everything that goes through their network.

This thread should be made into a book, it is the perfect example of why our society is so ****ed up, people have absolutely no common sense, morality or values, "and you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days"

I have been in many relationships and I never felt the need or had the desire to send or ask for sexually explicit pictures especially sent over a PUBLIC cell phone network, I must be really stupid!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
You can tell the whole thing is dysfunctional. Usually, a parent would find the daughter sexting and not the other way around. When I think about sexting, I think of really young and dumb teenage girls with not fully developed brains and poor judgment, especially given the fact that anybody can get a hold of these pictures and put them on the Internet if they find them.

The priorities here are all screwed up,maybe it is time to give up on the sexting for a while and try to be a parent.

You mentioned that you and your kids are in counseling, and I am not surprised by this at all. You show a total lack of judgement and common sense, I am sure the kids feel like there is not a strong parent there they can rely on.

The whole act of snooping has a lot to do with the fact that they feel like there is no strong parent or role model there and they are testing you, usually kids engage in these types of "deviant" behavior when there are not a lot of rules and structure which does not surprise me at all, if sexting is more important than being a good parent, I don't blame them at all.

I am all for reversing roles here though,I think your two daughters should be running the house and you should be the teenage daughter. It seems like they have more common sense than you do.

I think your 2 daughters should be your parents!
Oh my god... this becomes more ridiculous.

You think teens snoop because they don't have a strong parent or role model??? Oh, brother. They snoop, girls in particular, because they can. Because it's there. Because they're girls. It's what teen girls do.

You really need to get over the fact that mom has sex. And probably with the lights on. Yeah, I know, that's shocking to you.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
And here we have it: once again, something's been put out electronically that has come back to the sender in a way which is making her uncomfortable.
There's an object lesson here.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
And btw....Right now as I type this I've got some pics of my wife on my phone! Serves as a pleasant reminder for what's waiting for me when I get home.
There! You see? Not only will Missy's husband be anxious to get home, so will the Dr.! Couple of happy husbands there.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:21 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Missy - I hope that you walk away from this thread with opposing and agreeing posts with an open mind when you consider doing this (or not) in the future. My suggestion is to make a private video and gift wrap it as little perks here and there. Keep in under lock and key...or just meet him wrapped up in Saran at the door when the kids are away!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Won't likely happen. You posted about it on an internet forum. Now the topic is open game.

It's turning out to be a very popular topic too---20 pages in less than 24 hours and growing.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
And here we have it: once again, something's been put out electronically that has come back to the sender in a way which is making her uncomfortable.
There's an object lesson here.
Yeah, I made the same connection when I read she wanted the thread locked. I just didn't have the heart to point it out so directly.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:29 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Almost no type of electronic exchange of information is PRIVATE, there are so many ways to intercept cell phone communication, if you want I can give you the name of a few software applications that allows you to monitor cell phone communication LEGALLY. And believe me, the dirty pics go through the network, so Qwest, Verizon or whatever carrier they use has FULL access to everything that goes through their network.

This thread should be made into a book, it is the perfect example of why our society is so ****ed up, people have absolutely no common sense, morality or values, "and you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days"

I have been in many relationships and I never felt the need or had the desire to send or ask for sexually explicit pictures especially sent over a PUBLIC cell phone network, I must be really stupid!
OK Give me the software application names. I want them. Just for the record....because you say you know what they are....

And your post is late on this....somebody already made your point about messages being intercepted.

My point was that these pictures were private with respect to their children. I was not refering to outsiders intercepting messages.

And again....you say you have been in many relationships but at the same time you sound sexually repressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.