Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 11:10 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,098,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Exactly right. And what if one of the husband's coworkers happened to see the pics when walking by? Or if he left his phone on his desk unattended at exactly the wrong moment?

But, just think -- now that the kids know mum "sexts," then that pretty much gives them the green light, too. You will NOT be able to rationalize against that to their satisfaction.
He works in construction, his phone never leaves his pocket at work and he only looks at the pictures in his car during lunch break. I have addressed their sexting issue already.. number one: I am a a married adult. number two: If I drink and am over 21, does it give my teens the green light to drink?

not to mention they don't have the means.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
We have been married three years, together six.
You married him when she was 13 - an awkward age for a lot of girls. I'm just thinking there's a dynamic to this that is made tougher by the fact he's not her dad, even though she's known him quite a while.

Still, like I said, be sensitive to her upset but don't let her bully you. The therapist will hopefully have good advice on how to get through this, hope you are able to see them soon.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,098,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I can totally understand it from their perspective,what they are thinking right now is literally "My Mom is a *****" and they are in shock. As a mother, you are supposed to be a role model, especially if you already have a problematic relationship with them.
so I am supposed to have a boring sex life, not allowed to have privacy, because my kids who should know better and have been told to leave things alone won't listen? I'm sorry but on this one I disagree.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I can totally understand it from their perspective,what they are thinking right now is literally "My Mom is a *****" and they are in shock. As a mother, you are supposed to be a role model, especially if you already have a problematic relationship with them.
Nope you're wrong, it's time for them to start learning a few things about adult behavior and that their mom is not the bad woman you say.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,024,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Mommy is an adult, in a monogamous, loving relationship with her husband. Big difference between that and a 16 yr old sending nudie pics to her "boyfriend" of 4 weeks.
Nope. The "issue" isn't the relationship -- it's whether it's appropriate to send nude pics of oneself to phones and cyberspace. It's about modesty, respect, public nudity (anyone who thinks that cyberspace and cell phones are "private" and "safe" is deluded), and appropriateness.

MTV is doing a campaign to alert kids about how problematic sexting is. Maybe they should do a campaign for the mums, too.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:22 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,754,604 times
Quote:
My girls have no means to do "sexting". One doesn't have a phone and the other doesn't have internet on hers. The home computer is in the living room.

Ah but they have friends who may have those capabilities. What I would teach them from this is that you never know who will see their picture if they ever consider doing this. I would not justify it. I would also stop doing it for a while and tell them you won't do it again. The goal here is not to get them to understand your relationship, it is to make sure they do not do it themselves.
BTW: being married for 3 years is no guarantee that there will not be a divorce that could turn nasty and the pictures end up in the internet. JMO.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Nope. The "issue" isn't the relationship -- it's whether it's appropriate to send nude pics of oneself to phones and cyberspace. It's about modesty, respect, public nudity (anyone who thinks that cyberspace and cell phones are "private" and "safe" is deluded), and appropriateness.

MTV is doing a campaign to alert kids about how problematic sexting is. Maybe they should do a campaign for the mums, too.
I guess we were typing at the same time. I agree with you.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
so I am supposed to have a boring sex life, not allowed to have privacy, because my kids who should know better and have been told to leave things alone won't listen? I'm sorry but on this one I disagree.
It is about priorities. Being a good parent or having fun.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,024,434 times
Quote:
He works in construction, his phone never leaves his pocket at work and he only looks at the pictures in his car during lunch break. I have addressed their sexting issue already.. number one: I am a a married adult. number two: If I drink and am over 21, does it give my teens the green light to drink?

not to mention they don't have the means.
Missy, I don't know of anyone who hasn't briefly left a phone behind by accident at some point. Or let someone borrow the phone! Besides that, data REMAINS imprinted on electronic devices even after you delete the info. Sounds like your hubby didn't delete the pics immediately after seeing them, if your kids found them! That's a red flag warning!

Unless you don't care if your pics could possibly get out there, it's risky to do this sort of thing.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,256 times
Quote:

And you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days. Parents have absolutely no morals, values, no concept of right and wrong, modesty, respect or common sense. If you don't want to scar these kids for life, you better not tell them that sexting is WRONG or that you "made a mistake". Kids can see through BS and lies like nobody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting