Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,896,215 times

Advertisements

My parents bought my toddler the $70 mighty Tonka crane. I don't have a receipt and I don't know where it was bought. The string that attached the basket to the crane repeatedly unravels when my son cranks it up. I emailed Hasbro and ask if they had a doohickey to attach to the string to stop the basket from falling off. Custy Service emailed me back the next day and said nope sorry, can't fix it but I'm sending you something. A week later, FedEx drops an 8lbs box at my door. Hasbro sent me the 2 foot Mighty Tonka Front Loader as a gift. Free. I was expecting a coupon. Wow! So tell everyone you know that Hasbro has great service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,284,679 times
I had a similar episode with LEGO. My DSS was heartset on a LEGO b-day party. Due to them not having parties but on Tues and Weds, he was unable to schedule with school and where the store was located. I called their customer service (no where on the website did they say anything about limited times) and they were apologetic and send DSS a large ($50 in store) set, a small set and a year subscription to their magazine.

Toy companies want to keep mommas happy.... who do you think buy the toys?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times
Years ago, we called Graco because I decided to be lazy and put the high chair pad in the washing machine. It didn't dry out correctly and mildewed. I called Graco to purchase a replacement, but when we got it my dh used a box cutter to open the package (yeah, I know)

I called Graco to order ANOTHER one and told the lady what happened and why I needed another one. We were chatting while she filled out the online stuff and she offered me a catalog because I mentioned I woud soon be looking for a booster seat for my son.

They sent me the 2nd replacement for free, plus a free booster seat.

Word of mouth is not only more damaging to these companies than the $50-75 they sometimes gift us with, but the positive word of mouth is more valuable than that $50 times 10!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,271,195 times
I can't count the number of times I've lost a part or needed a replacement from one of these companies and they would send me something FOC when I was prepared to pay for it. Sometimes these big companies will surprise you if you give them the chance to.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Wow, amazing.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM

271 posts, read 785,748 times
That is awesome! One time I was changing a Huggies diaper and the tab just ripped off so I e-mailed and complained and they sent me a coupon for a free package of diapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting