Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times

Advertisements

Is it the lack of education? Carelessness?

I have noticed its mostly the African-American and Hispanics who I see with many kids especially the very young ones.

Whats going on?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM

337 posts, read 663,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Is it the lack of education? Carelessness?

I have noticed its mostly the African-American and Hispanics who I see with many kids especially the very young ones.

Whats going on?
I did a paper on this in college that explained how the majority of kids who are raised on welfare end up on it themselves.

It's a pattern that is repeated by kids being raised in that environment.

I believe that welfare only pays for 2 children after that then the parents start to lose money, used to be they made money for every kid they had. If u think about it not a bad trade off u get paid to have kids.

U are right though, more and more people are drinking the Govt KoolAid which is why over 30 States reported today they dont have anymore public assistance or unemployment benefits to pay out to needy families. Great Job Clinton & Bush!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,450,106 times
I think often (note: not always) these are not planned pregnancies. At least, that's what I would venture to guess. I also don't think you can pin this on just two races - plenty of 'whites' fit this demographic as well.

For the most part though, I think that these parents try to be responsible and do what they can for the kids. Again, not always, but you can't ignore those that take responsibility for their actions and try to be good parents.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Well what's money got to do with baby making? There in lies a simple answer to the OP's question.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,702,451 times
I work in NH and there are plenty of white redneck local people on welfare. I don't know why people choose to increase their family size when they can't afford it. I do think many younger people just don't understand that by having a child when they are very young and not educated just puts them on the fast lane to life long poverty. They truly don't understand and crave the attention that they belive a baby will bring them.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,219,048 times
Go ask a pro lifer why people cannot access comprehensive birth control.

Wait till they get back from that Fry em rally they went to at the prison.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
I did a paper on this in college that explained how the majority of kids who are raised on welfare end up on it themselves.

It's a pattern that is repeated by kids being raised in that environment.

I believe that welfare only pays for 2 children after that then the parents start to lose money, used to be they made money for every kid they had. If u think about it not a bad trade off u get paid to have kids.

U are right though, more and more people are drinking the Govt KoolAid which is why over 30 States reported today they dont have anymore public assistance or unemployment benefits to pay out to needy families. Great Job Clinton & Bush!
Being on Welfare means you can't afford yourself to begin with, why would you have a kid? Taxpayers pay for them. You mean with Welfare, 100% of the 1st two child's expenses are covered? What if they use it on themselves? How long are they paying it for? What about college costs?

Welfare is covered for self too?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
get others to afford it, parents schools welfare military whatever.
also kids are wonderful bargaining tools when you are trying to extract money and stuff from others especially ex husbands. also-- i am a parent-- is a wonderful victim card, you heard of the race card? kid card is even better, im doing it for the children. families trying to stay together. sing it. i am robbing banks and mugging to take care of the children.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-08-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
I think often (note: not always) these are not planned pregnancies. At least, that's what I would venture to guess. I also don't think you can pin this on just two races - plenty of 'whites' fit this demographic as well.

For the most part though, I think that these parents try to be responsible and do what they can for the kids. Again, not always, but you can't ignore those that take responsibility for their actions and try to be good parents.
Unplanned is very childish. Even if it is unplanned, its cheaper to pay for abortion then raise a child.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Well what's money got to do with baby making? There in lies a simple answer to the OP's question.
A lot. Raising a child in USA cost a lot of money and time.
There are parents and single parents who can't be flexible in working hours and also have to pay for their children to raise a child elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting