Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM

783 posts, read 2,587,550 times

Advertisements

Where is the best cheap quiet place at PA to live and commute to work at NYC vicinity? Public transport ok or car since I drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
You’ll get some help from those who live in PA if this thread was posted in the state forums.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Why not fill out this http://www.city-data.com/forum/penns...residents.html so we can get an idea of what might suit. People commute from all the border communities.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:04 AM

783 posts, read 2,022,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
Where is the best cheap quiet place at PA to live and commute to work at NYC vicinity? Public transport ok or car since I drive.

Well, if you're looking for cheap and closest to NYC, then go with Easton. It's right across the Delaware River and is cheaper (more ghetto) than most other lehigh Valley places. You can get a 1BR place there for around $650 or less. $750 would get you a luxury 1BR apt in Easton. If you're looking for a home there, then check out Palmer or Easton. They are pretty cheap and in a nice location. Very quick access to NJ too.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:22 PM

33 posts, read 72,367 times
TOBUSYTODY!
To help the members of the Pennsylvania forum guide you more quickly towards a compatible neighborhood and lifestyle, here are "just a few" starter questions to choose from.

PLEASE BOLD FONT YOUR PRIORITIES

When are you moving? ONE YEAR
Where are you coming from? TAMPA FLA
Why are you moving? TO RETIRE
Where will you be working? NA
Have you been here yet? J[B]UST PASSED THROUGH PA A NUMBER OF TIMES-VERY BEAUTIFUL..[/b]

Will you buy or rent? BUY
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?
LOOKING FOR ACREAGE WITH HOME (OR BUILD)-APPROX 325K TOTAL

Are you married or single? Do you have children? MARRIED- TWO ADULTS KIDS TO VISIT OFTEN
Do you prefer public or private schools? NA
Do you have pets? TWO AMAZING BEAGLES
Do you want or need a yard? 20+ ACRES, MOSTELY WOODED, WATER WOULD BE EXTRA GREAT
Are you keeping a car? TWO CARS-WILL TRADE ONE FOR TRUCK!
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? QUIET, CALM, LOTS OF NATURE

What do you want to be closest to?

CANT BE TOO FAR FROM (WIFE'S RULES!)
Shopping MALL AND MAJOR CHAINS
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood? NONE OF THIS MATTERS IN THE STORES, RESTAURANTS, BUT AT HOME I DONT WANT TO SEE PEOPLE...

Phillies, Pirates or Mets?-NOT A SPORTS FAN

IS THERE A PLACE FOR ME IN PA??

Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
I think you may want to look in Northeastern PA. Land is quite expensive in the Eastern part of the state, south of Easton. I can't even imagine how much 20 acres would cost. In my area, the average new home is near $300,000 with less then one acre. You can find homes for less but not with that acreage. I live in Lehigh County.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 AM

463 posts, read 1,565,350 times
Original poster, come to Bucks County. Everyone else does, it's not bad here.

Other person--move somewhere about 15-30 minutes out from Scranton in Northeast Pennsylvania. It sounds like a pretty good fit for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania