Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 888 times

Advertisements

Good: Fireworks displays are great! Last time they even forgot to advertise, so I had most of the show to myself. LOL!
Housing here is cheap. My house was under 10k. A fixer upper but still cheaper than rent. Rent is pretty cheap here. Housing taxes are great. PA in general doesn't charge taxes for Social Security. The library has mostly nice librarians. There are three grocery stores in town. It's pretty cheap to live here if you have a job. Verizon is the local provider and the internet is fast. I'd heard parking tickets are cheap-never got one, it's not well enforced, I guess. The Senior Center here is great. The staff is caring. Even though this is a small town there's a bus service to the two other towns. There's a taxi service here too.

Bad: I ate at the Mosaic Café and they took my credit card for half an hour. The owner is from California. When I got home a giant plastic playhouse pirate ship was charged to my account. Thank God I saw it on online banking and cancelled the order. There are also only two fast foods and only one drive thru in town. Like all small towns not much to do and little jobs. One of the librarians is pretty nasty. And unapologetic when you call her on it. Lots of walking dead here to due to the drug and alcohol use. Not much crime other than DUIs and Walmart thieves (one town away) but some of the locals engage in theft there. Many of the police are reactionary instead of deescalating a problem and will threaten to arrest everyone even the caller. Dumb Dumbs will also fix your car, Frankenstein style, and will keep adding issues to issues so that they can milk ya. Went to the local sports bar one time. It needed new flooring and just seemed dirty. The one taxi service does not run on the weekends. Huh? Yep. And if you didn't go to high school here, you won't fit in...which can be a good thing. There seems to be an inbreeding issue as many here have lower than average IQs. But like I said, they got great fireworks, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 04:48 PM

7 posts, read 14,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
You should have posted this in the Pennsylvania thread since Oil City is in Northwest Pa and not Northeast Pa. Titusville is cool. You guys are close to the little big foot dude also. Thats a plus.
But you may not know, there is a town called Northeast, and it is in Northwest Pa, near Erie !

Old 07-20-2017, 05:29 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
During one of my Arizona runs a man would yell across the bar at me and talk about Oil City and a murder that happened there. I always told him I was from Allentown which is nowhere near Oil City, but he still talked about it. The man has since passed away, but he was cool. This was in 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania