Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,932 times

Advertisements

Oil City is not a bad town, it is small. The name will never be changed, to anything, it is named Oil City for a reason. No we don't have any oil now. But before when Oil was discovered in Titusville, PA. All the oil then was shipped down through Oil City to Pittsburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 06:57 PM

322 posts, read 300,296 times
You should have posted this in the Pennsylvania thread since Oil City is in Northwest Pa and not Northeast Pa. Titusville is cool. You guys are close to the little big foot dude also. Thats a plus.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Moved
Yac.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM

77 posts, read 473,944 times
Oil City does get its share of attention on this forum for some reason. I often wish I could go back to the Oil City (and Western PA) of my childhood but that place no longer exists unfortunately. Perhaps the small towns such as Oil City will be revitalized when businesses relocate to allow their employees an affordable and sane living environment. Perhaps the surge in oil prices will make drilling deeper for the remaining oil in the area to become cost effective. Oil City will always be dear to my heart even with its unglamorous name.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 14,133 times
Default Oil City Hospital

Hi! Was there ever an Oil City hospital and did it have a nursing school? I collect old hospital nursing schools and am trying to figure out if a pin I purchased is from oil City PA. Thanks

Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 AM

955 posts, read 4,090,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperrose View Post
Hi! Was there ever an Oil City hospital and did it have a nursing school? I collect old hospital nursing schools and am trying to figure out if a pin I purchased is from oil City PA. Thanks
coperrose:
the answers to your questions:
yes
yes

Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 13,797 times
The hospital in oil city moved 6 miles away to Cranberry. It's only 4 years old now, I believe. Oil city is a great place to live the country life affordably, while still being close enough to airports, hospitals, walmart & home depot in Franklin & Cranberry.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 AM

323 posts, read 835,415 times
How is the revitalization going in Venango County? I am considering the region. The lower population and outdoor activities are a strong draw for relocation to the area.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperrose View Post
Yes, there was a very nice Oil City Hospital and one of the best three year nursing schools to be found anywhere. A graduate of OC Nursing could go anywhere and find work. They were held to the highest standards, and, turned out some of the finest nurses I had the pleasure of working with.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 14,133 times
Glad to know the info about the hospital. It's a beautiful pin and is a proud member of my collection. It has the year '34 on the caduceus and has the initials JPL engraved on the back. I'm a RN who has always been a "pin watcher". To me pins like this symbolize a lot of hard work,high hopes and patient care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania