Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 PM

20 posts, read 26,439 times

Advertisements

I am (continuing) my search for a town to move too. I am looking to get my own place in the next month or so, after which I plan to get a car. Do you have suggestions on college towns that would be good for a single 30 year old without kids? I'm more of the quiet type, so night life isn't important, but I would like things to do, a very safe place and clean and nice, good location and some nature (parks, lakes or water, etc.), good economy and job prospects and relatively good cost of list. I also want the people to be generally friendly. I would like there to be things to do, and i would like there to be good amenities and nice people. thanks so much.
I would prefer that the town be more on the smaller side - say preferably not more thatn 30,00 although i would look at more than that aw well.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 01:50 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,183,576 times
Amherst, MA or State College, PA. Either one would satisfy your requirements. Amherst has more expensive rentals than State College. You should learn to drive.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Collegeville PA is a nice small town. Borough of Collegeville - Home The college is a big part of the town. Not too far from Philly but it feels pretty rural. Part of a rail trail runs through it Perkiomen Trail | Pennsylvania Trails | TrailLink.com

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:09 AM

16 posts, read 89,521 times
Hello. I recommend checking out West Chester. It has a university and is in the middle of Chester county. There's a lot to do right in West Chester itself and it is close to major roads to get to Philadephia, Wilmington, etc. Lots of parks around it too.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Collegeville is a good town. However the cost of living is probably higher than the OP is looking for.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Collegeville is going to be the same, if not less expensive than West Chester. I have no idea what the OP's price range is, however, any town that has a college is going to have a fairly wide range of housing prices.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania