Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:46 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,613,026 times

Advertisements

This newer, more in-depth article specifically mentions the phrase "medical campus", but they likely mean an integrated hospital with ancillary medical offices. Still, I can't imagine why Summit would continue to grow the current Chambersburg Hospital's current footprint if they were planning an all-new facility.

The extension would open up undeveloped land, said Greene Township Engineer Greg Lambert, providing “the start, the seed” for future development. He speculated a medical campus could be built there in the future.

Massimilla refused to confirm those plans, but acknowledged that a medical campus is one of the uses allowable under the township’s recent rezoning.

Possible road extension in Greene Township could pave way to future development | Pennsylvania | heraldmailmedia.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 08:39 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,804,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Wilson College specializes in veterinary science.
Thanks for mentioning this, I was unaware they had a bachelor's program in vet tech (analogous to a veterinary nurse) Areas of Study | Wilson College

I didn't even know there could be a bachelor's program, as I was only familiar with two-year programs in NY State where I grew up.

That could be a good tie-in, but it sure would take some vision and deep pockets. I wonder why Penn State never established a DVM (or VMD, for Hokies) program.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:18 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,613,026 times
It's happening! Summit Health is partnering with Penn State's School of Medicine to provide internships and training to aspiring physicians. This is precisely the program that the area needs!

“The physician assistant students will probably be in their second year, but as we constantly look at the best way to deliver care. I think it is likely that they will have students throughout the education in both physician training and in the physical assistant training,” said Dr. Hillemeier.

While medical students will be provided with hands on experience in Franklin County, officials are hoping that students will not only train in the area but also begin their careers there.

“It’s our patients in the long term who will really benefit from highly qualified medical students, so we are very excited about the opportunity,” said O’Donnell.

Penn State Partners with Summit Health - Story | Your4State

Old 01-11-2017, 11:34 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,804,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
It's happening! Summit Health is partnering with Penn State's School of Medicine to provide internships and training to aspiring physicians. This is precisely the program that the area needs!

“The physician assistant students will probably be in their second year, but as we constantly look at the best way to deliver care. I think it is likely that they will have students throughout the education in both physician training and in the physical assistant training,” said Dr. Hillemeier.

While medical students will be provided with hands on experience in Franklin County, officials are hoping that students will not only train in the area but also begin their careers there.

“It’s our patients in the long term who will really benefit from highly qualified medical students, so we are very excited about the opportunity,” said O’Donnell.

Penn State Partners with Summit Health - Story | Your4State
I had heard stories about there being too few residency slots compared to medical school graduates. So this is good news on that front. Not sure if Summit Health would need hundreds of acres of extra space for this, sounds like a few extra desks maybe, and a few more apartments rented in the wider community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania