Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2019, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 1,133 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking for info on what I need to bring a NY vehicle home to PA, that I purchased from a gentleman on Ebay. I called a business in his home town and asked what all I needed. They said they need the signed Title(which doesn't this need to be done in front of Notary?), Bill of Sale, copies of My D.L., Insurance card, and explanation of Insurance coverages on the vehicle. All this stuff will provide me with a InTransit Vehicle Plate so I can drive it home to PA.
Once in Pa I will just take it to a Vehicle Notary correct? I thought this would be a little easier but it's turning out to be a process. HAHA I was reading a lot on PA DMV site but they say agent....there is no agent or dealer.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully someone can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 05:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
I went through this a few years ago

Quote:
They said they need the signed Title(which doesn't this need to be done in front of Notary?),

Not in my case and everything was done at NY DMV. If there is two names on the title you need two signatures. One signature will get you out of NY but it's not going to fly here.

You need a letter/fax from the insurance company and it's pretty specific what NY wants. I needed my insurance company to send them two faxes because apparently the first one was not acceptable.

When you get it back ro PA take the car and the paperwork to notary, the car has to be present because they will want to look at the VIN's.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:58 PM

Ok...Awesome...So it sounds like I have everything that I need. Just don't want to drive 4 hrs one way and not bring the thing back. I'm not going to an actual DMV but they do car stuff. Its called Car-co. I'm going to call them tomorrow again to confirm. I appreciate the help!

Old 11-25-2019, 09:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplank00 View Post
Just don't want to drive 4 hrs one way and not bring the thing back.

Leave early so you have plenty of time, I'd time it so I got there just before first place opens you need to go to. If you get stuck in red tape nightmare at least you'll have the rest of the day to sit and wait.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 AM

It's not the DMV cuz they aren't open on saturdays. I need to stop at the guys house first to sign bill of sale and title from what I gather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: