Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 05:55 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times

Advertisements

I'm speechless.

What say you?

ETA: Now that I've thought about it....Even if she felt she needed to get away, even if she thought the kids needed a trip....

-- Her own home state, our state of PA, has some of the best vacation spots in the country. Why go father away when you husband is in the hospital?

-- Why take pictures and selfies, post them, and document it on social media? Bad optics to say the least.

-- Who, when their husband is in the hospital with the conditions Fetterman has, takes the kids and goes on vacation?

Last edited by selhars; 03-01-2023 at 06:10 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 07:29 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
To be honest, I didn't care when Ted Cruz took his family to Mexico on vacation, despite the Left Wing media frenzy.

I also don't care where Fetterman's wife takes the kids and I'll remember to chuckle at any potential Right Wing media comments about it.

Old 03-01-2023, 07:58 AM

1,387 posts, read 911,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
To be honest, I didn't care when Ted Cruz took his family to Mexico on vacation, despite the Left Wing media frenzy.

I also don't care where Fetterman's wife takes the kids and I'll remember to chuckle at any potential Right Wing media comments about it.
I mean, Cruz used his privilege to take off during a statewide emergency and left the people of the state to suffer. Fetterman himself is having a personal medical crisis, but if his situation is stable, there may not be a need for her to be there 24/7, and there is no public emergency going on right now. It's a much worse look for Cruz.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
I mean, Cruz used his privilege to take off during a statewide emergency and left the people of the state to suffer. Fetterman himself is having a personal medical crisis, but if his situation is stable, there may not be a need for her to be there 24/7, and there is no public emergency going on right now. It's a much worse look for Cruz.
OK, but so did Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan (went to Florida while telling her voters to stay home). I'm sure I can dig up a bunch of others, but why? I just can't get worked up about this stuff.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:54 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm speechless.

What say you?

ETA: Now that I've thought about it....Even if she felt she needed to get away, even if she thought the kids needed a trip....

-- Her own home state, our state of PA, has some of the best vacation spots in the country. Why go father away when you husband is in the hospital?

-- Why take pictures and selfies, post them, and document it on social media? Bad optics to say the least.

-- Who, when their husband is in the hospital with the conditions Fetterman has, takes the kids and goes on vacation?
Bumped into this thread.

I had to look who the Fetterman's are.

A quick Google will show you she took the kids on a bit of a holiday to get away from the media circus.

No one in Canada really would care, or know who she is.

She also didn't go that far. Niagara Falls Ontario is just a couple of hours from the Pennsylvania border, where you wanted her to go.

Last edited by Natnasci; 03-01-2023 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 02:14 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Wow, it didn’t take long for hey look over there. Fetterman is incapable of doing anything really. He never has. Lived off his parents till late 40’s. Good enough to lead our state I guess.

Old 03-02-2023, 11:59 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post

Your analogy is not relevant.

A Senator leaving when a natural disaster hits (Ted Cruz) is not the same as a wife of a Senator taking a vacation when he is not well.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Your analogy is not relevant.

A Senator leaving when a natural disaster hits (Ted Cruz) is not the same as a wife of a Senator taking a vacation when he is not well.
I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't care where Cruz, Whitmer, or Fetterman go on vacation. I wasn't even that mad when Chris Christie sat on a beach in his home state.

It may make great Outrage TV but I don't have a TV show.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:22 PM

755 posts, read 472,162 times
No skin in the game here, except that I have met this woman and volunteer for an organization she helped to found - 412 Food Rescue. She's one of the truest people you could ever hope to meet. She was a "Dreamer", who came to the US with her mother from Brazil and is now a US citizen. Her latest "gig" job (in addition to everything else does, including raising three teenage kids) is being a volunteer firefighter for Braddock, PA. Very remarkable person that people who don't know her are now congering up all sorts of reasons to disparage her. She's the kind of person that this country needs more of if only we could get our **** together and reform the immigration system.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
No skin in the game here, except that I have met this woman and volunteer for an organization she helped to found - 412 Food Rescue. She's one of the truest people you could ever hope to meet. She was a "Dreamer", who came to the US with her mother from Brazil and is now a US citizen. Her latest "gig" job (in addition to everything else does, including raising three teenage kids) is being a volunteer firefighter for Braddock, PA. Very remarkable person that people who don't know her are now congering up all sorts of reasons to disparage her. She's the kind of person that this country needs more of if only we could get our **** together and reform the immigration system.
All might be true, but she is killing her husband. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania