Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times

Advertisements

Are you two really arguing about what job and major is the most masculine??? Are we in the 50's? Boys, you can be whatever you want... Now what was this thread about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
There's nothing wrong with being a male nurse, but it isn't exactly the epitome of a 'masculine' major. I have friends who are male nursing majors, and while I wouldn't directly insult them for it, if you're going to insult me for my major, I'll insult you for picking the least masculine major outside of Gender Studies...
So you are deciding to insult people that are likely going to be there anytime you go to the hospital?

I dare you whenever you go to the hospital and insult them when they have your life in their hands.

And sports managers ARE one of the most useless majors when it comes to progressing society.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
So you are deciding to insult people that are likely going to be there anytime you go to the hospital?

I dare you whenever you go to the hospital and insult them when they have your life in their hands.

And sports managers ARE one of the most useless majors when it comes to progressing society.
I'm not a sports manager. That's not what I do, that's not the title of my major. If it could be titled 'Sports Business' like around three schools have it, I would be happier, but it's not. And I said nurse, not doctor. Nurses can't get into medical school.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
.............. And I said nurse, not doctor. Nurses can't get into medical school.
Well, actually, they can, but most prefer not to.......

Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Not one person here is an expert on economic theory or the implementation of policies that maximize the effectiveness and fairness of the economy under any circumstance. Let's be real here. Barack Obama is not the expert either. At the very least, it is time to recognize that Republicans and Conservatives DO NOT have any answers when it comes to the economy, or the proper use of taxes. For 8 years, Bush did not tax and look what the hell happened. Utter disaster. Jesus Christ, wake up!

Barack Obama is not an economic expert. But he is a problem solver and he is very intelligent and possesses great depth. A black man who ascends to this level as the leader of this nation, not by handouts or favors, but by DEEDS, knows how to overcome adversity and devise the best means to get results. I am confident that he will listen to EVERYONE and consider ALL options before choosing the best course.

Nobody wants to pay more taxes, but I think it is juvenile to simply focus on this old tired argument. It's incredibly shallow considering that one's quality of life encompasses far more than how much tax is paid. Under Republican leadership, we were paying more for gas, utilities, education for our kids. We are paying more for health care, more for health insurance. Under trickle-down, wages weren't keeping up with inflation except for the very rich. Some aspects of our lives can't be measured by money. Skyrocketing street gang crime and influence, teen pregnancy, and violence in schools. Over the last 8 years, there have been more shootings at universities than I can remember. I could go on, but focusing on taxes seems incredibly short-sighted. But Republicans are stuck on this. Shame.

I expect Obama to run this country like he ran his campaign: superior to anyone else in this country.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,136,350 times
Led by the Tri Lateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations Obama had the power behind him and people were deluded into voting for him. Alex Jones' Prison Planet: The truth will set you free!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:09 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
1)
2) I want a VP who is actually capable of leading,
Then how could you possibly vote for Crazy Joe Biden? He is glib but incredibly stupid.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Even though I also voted for Sen. Obama, I'm a fiscal conservative who does not agree with the notion of "redistribution of wealth."
There is a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon between the two phrases of the sentence quoted above.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,345 times
Default Mr. President Moot Point

Well people, for what ever reason so many of you, of us, were duped, it's a moot point. The man IS IN. HE IS GOING TO BE THE PRESIDENT. Now, NOW we are ALL going to have to deal with it. Gosh, ya know, what is this....buyers remorse? How incredibly STUPID! Should have THOUGHT about all that before hand, thought about the TOTAL LACK OF EXPERIENCE, thought about the VOTING RECORD, about the Communist Terrorist William Aires, the Weather Underground Terrorist group, The "reverend" Jeremiah Wright "the best that the Black Church has to offer...." thought about the law suits Obama was part of forcing banks to hand out bad loans to those who could not pay, defaulting, the result of which threw the market in to turmoil etc etc...Well, too dang late now. Watch Airs go to the Whitehouse, a man who should be in jail for murder. Watch Rev. Wright go to the Whitehouse. Don't think so?

I bet they DO....They'll be standing there with the biggest s--t eating grins on their faces....and YOU put them there.....

Thanks a BUNCH!

Well America?

You were angry at G.W. and the Repubs.....well guess what...

...you all just voted in a guy who will be infinitely WORSE....Wow...now THAT'll show em'....YOU have just put your OWN neck in the noose!

You were all dumb enough to elect Billy Clinton....now you've got Barak...(who is hiring all sorts of Clinton people to run the country, telling YOU how it is going to be)

....IDIOTS.....

Oh, but wait there is more....

B.H.O. is just sooooo cute!....He's soooo sexy....(rrraaaawww)....He'd get the dizzy college white chick vote any day!

...so he's in!

He was guaranteed to get virtually 100% of the "black" vote....

so he's in!

Now we all get to deal with it.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:36 PM

52 posts, read 122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Well people, for what ever reason so many of you, of us, were duped, it's a moot point. The man IS IN. HE IS GOING TO BE THE PRESIDENT. Now, NOW we are ALL going to have to deal with it. Gosh, ya know, what is this....buyers remorse? How incredibly STUPID! Should have THOUGHT about all that before hand, thought about the TOTAL LACK OF EXPERIENCE, thought about the VOTING RECORD, about the Communist Terrorist William Aires, the Weather Underground Terrorist group, The "reverend" Jeremiah Wright "the best that the Black Church has to offer...." thought about the law suits Obama was part of forcing banks to hand out bad loans to those who could not pay, defaulting, the result of which threw the market in to turmoil etc etc...Well, too dang late now. Watch Airs go to the Whitehouse, a man who should be in jail for murder. Watch Rev. Wright go to the Whitehouse. Don't think so?

I bet they DO....They'll be standing there with the biggest s--t eating grins on their faces....and YOU put them there.....

Thanks a BUNCH!

Well America?

You were angry at G.W. and the Repubs.....well guess what...

...you all just voted in a guy who will be infinitely WORSE....Wow...now THAT'll show em'....YOU have just put your OWN neck in the noose!

You were all dumb enough to elect Billy Clinton....now you've got Barak...(who is hiring all sorts of Clinton people to run the country, telling YOU how it is going to be)

....IDIOTS.....

Oh, but wait there is more....

B.H.O. is just sooooo cute!....He's soooo sexy....(rrraaaawww)....He'd get the dizzy college white chick vote any day!

...so he's in!

He was guaranteed to get virtually 100% of the "black" vote....

so he's in!

Now we all get to deal with it.
As I was reading this I was wondering when a reference to race was coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania