Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM

97 posts, read 278,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Navarre's big selling point is that Santa Rosa County schools (Navarre, Midway, Holley-by-the-Sea, Gulf Breeze, etc.) are significantly better than Pensacola (Escambia County) schools. The problem with Navarre is that it was poorly planned and is pretty much urban sprawl hell once you make he turn onto US 98 from your subdivision. If you're serious about south Santa Rosa County I like the part of Gulf Breeze west of Naval Live Oaks a lot better. There's an actual small town there, and is IMO worth the small premium you pay for 'Gulf Breeze proper'

In Pensacola/Escambia I like the east side of town better- some nice neighborhoods ranging from historic to new developments and you're close to good shopping and medical care.

Insurance costs can vary pretty hugely. If you're south of US 98 or on a barrier island, it's can be pretty bad but if you're inland and over 30 feet above sea level, it can get a lot more reasonable. (Though reasonable in these parts means less than $2K per year)
We've just returned from our much anticipated trip to the Panhandle, and I have to say Pensacola is everything I hoped it would be! I originally was interested in Navarre, but now I think it's probably further out than I want to be to commute for work at a hospital in Pensacola. I could, I guess work at the one in Gulf Breeze and that wouldn't be a long commute. But, it seemed like there were some real issues with standing water in many of the yards of homes in Navarre. That was bothersome. Many homes for sale.
Gulf Breeze really got my attention. I would like to explore the possibility of purchasing there. I also really liked the east side of Pensacola along the scenic hwy.
It doesn't get any better than the beaches in that area. I would have to move to the Caribbean to get anything that can compete! We loved our visit, and hope to move very soon! But, opps! I think we should keep this beautiful area a secret! <wink>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM

384 posts, read 1,581,506 times
Quote:
Gulf Breeze really got my attention. I would like to explore the possibility of purchasing there. I also really liked the east side of Pensacola along the scenic hwy.
I hope you also got the chance to visit Baldwin County, AL, just west of Pensacola. Florida has an advantage over Alabama in not having a state income tax, BUT Alabama's property taxes are generally much lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola