Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
tgv tgv started this thread

4 posts, read 12,731 times

Advertisements

he said his name was Matt Myers, when we met.

he said he was divorced, but gay. he said he had a twin brother named patrick. and a son named chase.

he came to iowa city on weekends.

he said he loved me.

all of the above where lies.

i am still trying to piece together who this guy is, after 6 months, i find out that all of the characters he spoke about, he created....they do not exist.

he has ads out on many of the gay sites, i guess he does this frequently....meets guys, lies to them, then disappears.

any information on the real patrick stattelman would help.

thanks.

tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM

9 posts, read 35,781 times
Wow Tim! Sounds like you got hurt by this guy. While I am a very optimistic person, I have found that reality can be a real kick in the teeth. So many people are not who they say they are. It has been my unfortunate experience that being gay means being subjected to a world where other people who are gay often lie, say they are looking for love and then after sex dissappear. (Or after getting whatever they can from you.) The mentality in 55 years on this planet has been that I could never find love... only the illusion. When I had a great deal of money... I had even straight men saying they were in love with me. But it has always been about looks and money.
People say they want to be your friend, and then the older ones try to get you in the sack. The younger ones are always trying to get into your wallet.

Tim... if you just need a friend or want to talk to someone who has been through the whole gammet of the gay world, feel free to email me, call me... and just talk. But please do not let this get you down too much. It is bes you learn from it and move on. I know you are either very hurt, angry or both. Don't let it eat you up. Lean on your friends and family for support. If you don't have any... find some. I will always take a call from someone who needs a shoulder. Hope things go better for you next time.

And do yourself a favor Tim... pay the $35.00 or so and check someone out on the internet before you get too involved. It can save you a great deal of pain.

Warm Regards,
Joseph gaspdesign@earthlink.net or (319) 550-2005

Old 08-02-2007, 08:51 PM

It is better, now that I have found someone else, younger, brighter, and able to be honest....and fun to be with...going to be able to get him a factory job here.

Pat lied to my family also...yes he met them.
When I told them about the lied, my step father's reaction pretty much sums it up, he said the Pat is just a liar and a bad person, who will never change,'good ridance to bad trash' I wondered why he was relucant to help him find a job.

Essentially what the cop had to say, the lying speaks more about his character and that is not something one wants around.

The irony, his family all seemed to know, I spoke with his niece, and said I was his boyfriend, she said they always thought he was gay.

It seems he lies were only for himself, or maybe for his parents, who do not really care that much about him. They know he is gay, but social appearences are more important.

His dad was funny, "what f@@king business is of yours"....well....exactly , it was my f@@king business.

Perhaps lying is a family thing with them, who knows.

Good for a laugh at least.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 PM

180 posts, read 957,416 times
Honey, it happens to almost everyone, even us straight people. You hang in there and chalk this one up to experience. I know it's not that simple or easy when your heart gets hurt... but try.

Good fortune to you.

TripleWillow

Old 08-03-2007, 06:12 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,417,211 times
Kind of a stupid place for this wouldnt you say?
Can I recommend eHarmony.com?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,417,211 times
Lightbulb funny people

and i would be reallllly freaked out if i found someone searching for me on here. so i hope he doesnt see this because you'll for sure NEVER see him now.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:18 AM

Default misunderstanding

i do not want him back....

afetr 6 months of spending all my free time with him, introducing him to my family, inviting him into my home and life, then having him lie to me, my family and friends...

i wanted to know who he really is...

he told me about his kid, i went so far as to buy clothes for...and the kid does not exist

neither do the other people he spoke about....his twin brother and the stories about his brother...who does not exist..

nor the things he told me about his life...

it is a strange and creepy feeling, to invite someone into your life, find out that they created all of what they said out of the blue.

i would just like the truth.

google patrick stattelman, i posted some of his emails. there is no truth in them.

i do not want him back, in anyway. i want to talk to someone who knows him and what the truth is..

too much to ask? i do not think so...

tim

Old 08-20-2007, 12:07 AM

Guess, I Do Not Even Want The Truth About Him Anymore....

Just Glad He Is Gone For Good From My Life...

Ugly White Trash, In My Opinion. Must Run In The Family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search