Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,742 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to locate my family. My father lived in Columbia but passed away in 1956 his name was Johnnie B. Snell, he was married to Helen Irvin. I know he had a sister that lived in Akin her name is Abby Brawner and she was married to Tom Brawner, I'm not sure if there still alive.

I live in Orlando, Fl but drove up to Columbia last month and obtain a copy of my fathers Death Cert. so I could find out where was buried. My mother and father divorced before I was a year old and I was never allowed to contact him.

If anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it. I have gone online to numerous site to look for my family but with no luck.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 07:43 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Have you tried Ancestry.com?

Old 08-12-2007, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,742 times
Default Hi

Yes I tried Ancestry. The problem I have is I just don't have enought information about my family on my fathers side. My mother was very bitter toward my father and she keep me and my brother away from everyone on his side of the family. My mother and brother passed away a few years ago and I have been searching for almost two years. I found his military records and found out where he was buried in Columbia, SC. I drove there and got a copy of his death certificate. At least I was able to go to his grave site.

Thank you for the reply it was nice of you to try and help me.

Carolyn

Old 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM

95 posts, read 434,020 times
Default family

Have you looked for the obituary in the local paper at the time of your father's death? That may be a source of info about his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search