Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,278 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but I'm at a dead end in a search for my dads siblings. I have two marriage certificates - his 2nd marriage (which showed he had one child prior to my dad) and his last marriage which showed he had 4 prior marriages. I found my dads dad final resting place earlier this year and his baby brother from his final marriage and they reunited in April this year - BOTH are very happy to have found one another although there are 26 yrs difference in age!!!

We KNOW he has at LEAST one other brother which is older than him. His name is Ewell Manford Peter Roberts and would have been born around 1945-1952 time frame...most likely in or around the Piketon Ohio area. We knew that Ewells mothers name was Betty Lou Hoose as it was listed on my dads mother and fathers marriage certificate as a 'prior' marriage. I've searched and searched for Ewell but I'm assuming he is living since the SS Death index doesn't list him. This name is probably rare so I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time - other than the fact he could have possibly been adopted and last name changed. Can anyone help me? Or point me in a direction where I can start making progress again.

Between his FINAL marriage which produced my dads baby brother - and my dads parents being married - there were TWO OTHER marriages. Is there any way to find out ANYTHING with my grandpas SS#? if he had other children from these other two women he married??

I'm looking for any link to
Betty Lou Hoose (maiden name) Piketon Ohio area
Ewell Manford Peter Roberts (Betty and Thomas J Roberts son-my dads 1/2 brother)
and any other siblings from these other two marriages.
Please help
Sincerely
Kim Roberts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,448,683 times
What about this thought....

ROBERTS, EWELL M (Age 56)

Possible Roommates / Associates:
GAGNE, BETTY LOU (Age 75)
GAGNE, JOHN STEVEN (Age 80)

JOHN & BETTY GAGNE
2772 PARKWAY ST
GLADWIN, MI 48624
(989) 426-4118

Also....

ROBERTS, EWELL P

Possible Relatives:

ROBERTS, SANDRA LOUISE (Age 59)

of
GLADWIN, MI
IRONWOOD, MI
BESSEMER, MI
BAY CITY, MI

Ewell & Sandra Roberts
5132 Wildwood Ln
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4712

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Travelingal2; 09-26-2008 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 07:56 PM

838 posts, read 2,249,241 times
I am fairly sure I know where Ewell Manford Roberts is. I will DM you.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,278 times
Hi Travelingal2 - Thank you for this information. I was able to obtain some information that proved positive Ewells identification. His mothers name *IS* Betty and I see you have posted her addy and ph# here - I realize she is older so I'm going to take some time to figure out how to approach calling her. Her son (Ewell) is in prison and most likely she has no idea that my dad exists - and if she does - I don't know she will react in me drudging up something that happened back in the early 1950's!!! I KNOW that this is my grandpas FIRST wife...in which Ewell came from - and possibly other children - which is what I want to ask her..I just want to do it in the most careful and diligent way as to not hurt her or say something that would push her away. This is a touchy situation with Ewell in prison...I just want to do the right thing in the right way!!! Thank you so much for the information with the address and phone #!!!!
Warm Regards,
Kim

Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,342 times
Hi Kim, My name is yvonne. I am Ewell,s sister. Maybe i can help! Call me 1-313-908-4422 My moms name is Betty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search