Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM

28 posts, read 158,815 times

Advertisements

Hi Keisha,

Your Dad is on the Kennedy Group @ Kennedy_Alumni_Association : Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding the group.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 04:23 PM

Exclamation Membership is restricted

Hi Keisha,

Your dad is a member of the Kennedy Group however this group has
restricted membership. You must be able to prove that you are an
alumni of Kennedy or a member in the immediate family of a Kennedy alumni

Kennedy_Alumni_Association : Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr.

Good luck,

homie53
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbarbie13 View Post
My Name is Keisha DeBarros, and I know both my parents resided at joseph p kennedy home at 1770 stillwell ave.. around the yrs of 69-72. I was born in 73. I have been searching for others who can help me. My father's name is gary brewer born april 1,195?. My mom is born is 53, but she isn't much help. Her name is Deborah DeBarros. I am looking for anyone who may have know either one. I mean My mom technically is Portugese, but fostered as an african american.. My father was Irish and had numerous siblings.. My uncle craig for one.. there friend jimmy o' connelly also went there.. dead end who knows.. Help

Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 PM

7 posts, read 32,771 times
Default Kennedy Home and St. Joseph's Home in Peekskill

Hello to all, My maiden name was Joanne Ortiz. I have two brothers Peter and Joseph Ortiz, We all were at Kennedy and St. Joseph's Home for Children. As of recently I have been in touch with my Group Mother Sister Francis Marie. I was sent to St.Joseph's from Kennedy in 1961, I was 6 years old. My first Group Mother Was Sister Maria Grace, does this ring a bell to anyone. One of my best friend was Willermima Mendoza, She had a brother Rebuen, Irene and Evelyn who has the same birthday as me May 17th. There was also Sonia, Maritza to name a few. I went outside to school name Woodside Elementy. I ask for my records and they were sent to me. The information is very handy since both of my parents are gone. I was release in 1967 to live with my father and stepmother, the following year my brothers were release and we moved to Puerto Rico. I have some pictures that I will try to down load, one picture I have is from Woodside Class 5th grade. I like to hear from anyone who was in that time 1961-1967. I had the best childhood at St. Joseph's and my wish is to visit the place again, Sister Francis says I will not know the place since many of the old buildings have been place with Condo's etc.... If anyone would like to see what the old home look like after the home closed, visit this site call Hudson Valley Ruins Francisan, A guy name Rob and his partner find old places that been torn down, St. Joseph's is one of them. Also visit www.fmsusa.org-WHO.htm (broken link) The name now for St. Joseph's is The Sister's of Mount St. Francis. You can see some old spots of the Home....... Keep in touch Joanne

Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM

7 posts, read 32,771 times
Question 1st picture of confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxboy View Post
Hey 250southst, The pic you are curious about is from a 1961 confirmation. Maybe this other group pic helps, but I believe this is around 63-64, before 1966. The other pics show buildings demolished or in the process of being taken down. Place looks vacant! The old pool was filled in and leveled with materials from the take downs. The church and convent remain, but the home is now a luxury condo site. I have more pics that I will post to give you an idea of the transformation. It is SAD, I agree.

5th row up in the middle is me, Joanne Ortiz. Group Mother was Sister Francis Marie. Left home in 1967. Can you send me a copy of this picture????
Blessings, Thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,320 times
Default lived there myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Ferguson View Post
Hey bronxboy-when were you in St. Joseph's in Peekskill>? I was there in 1965-1967. Give me a shout out-I'm trying to gather names of the children and possibly do a documentry. Let me know ASAP, Lisa
Hi lisa, was doing some looking around and found your post I grow up there I think from 59/60 to around 1966 I not sure, still looking Stefan

Old 04-14-2008, 08:43 PM

4 posts, read 28,426 times
Question miriam

was your nickname Pamaya???

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM

8 posts, read 42,213 times
Default kennedy home

hello out there, i was doing some research on the kennedy home and ran across this site. i was surprised to see that there were a few posts from ppl that were placed in the home. i was in the home in the 60s have some fond memories of that place and some tearful ones also. i was looking for ppl that would like to converse. please contact me thank you nancy

Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Default Hi Nancy

I was there also and have the same feelings that you do!

Some good memories and some not so good!

Keep in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy613 View Post
hello out there, i was doing some research on the kennedy home and ran across this site. i was surprised to see that there were a few posts from ppl that were placed in the home. i was in the home in the 60s have some fond memories of that place and some tearful ones also. i was looking for ppl that would like to converse. please contact me thank you nancy

Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,320 times
hi I looked at your pic and I was there 60 66 I think do you have more that you can share

Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM

Arrow More Photos are available on the Kennedy Alumni Group

Anyone from St. Joseph's can join the Kennedy Alumni Group
and there are a lot of photos of the St. Joseph Alumni on that
Group. You have to join the group to see the photos.

Kennedy_Alumni_Association : Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr.

Good luck

homie53
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search