Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 10,557 times

Advertisements

Wow this place is hoppin'! I apologize if there is a thread for finding relatives, but I didn't see one.

Well, I live by Syracuse NY and am looking for my relatives with the surname of Bidus. They lived and most died in the Chicopee area and all the phone numbers I have are unusable.

If anyone has any idea of who Alfonse, Izzy, Adolf, Phyllis Bidus are, please contact me by e-mail. I know there is another sister named Adella, and she lived in Syracuse, and is my grandmother. She passed in 1972, and I never got to meet her. Their mother's name was Mary, and I have no maiden name. Their father was Stanley or Stanislaw Bidus. The only one still alive would be Adolf, but he would be very old.

I am interested in any children from these people, and am desperately trying to figure out who I am and where my family came from. All my life the immediate family is tight lipped, or "just don't remember". Any help would be appreciated.

Killer.b.com@gmail.com (AKA Brenda)(and if your wondering, my brother called me killer Bee as a kid)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Chicopee is in Massechssetts, NOT NY

Chicopee is in Massechssetts, NOT NY! I should have made that clear in my previous post. They must have added that to the subject when they moved it. Again, sorry for the wrong forum, I guess I'm still a little slow when it comes to forums and chat...lol

Old 12-07-2007, 09:11 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,331,941 times
http://chs.chicopee.mec.edu/reunionyears/69.html

Since I am bored here at work today, I am still doing some digging for you.
The above link is to the class reunion of Stephen David Bidus, who appears to be Stanley's son.

I'll keep searching...

Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,553 times
Default I don't think I'm related... but...

My name is Calahan Bidus, I live in Brighton, Michigan with my folks (I'm only 15), and I don't know much about the name, much less the people ya are lookin for, but somethin ya may not know is that the last name Bidus, at least to my knowledge, is Polish. I don't know much about my family, but I do know my father is from Detroit and that someone from his side of my family served in a World War or somethin... sorry if none of that was useful.

I am just as curious as ya, that's how I found this.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,894 times
Yes it is. This is Polish old name.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,885 times
Found this...
RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: Kim's New England Ancestors (and more)

If you click on the names of Phyllis or Adella, it gives the obituary info. It appears that
Alfonse, Isabella, Adella and Phyllis have passed.

Phyllis' last name at time of death was Wichowski and it lists her sons as John J., Robert P, and David S Wichowski.

There is a listing for Robert P Wichowski
3 Wintergreen Lane, Westfield MA 01085
Phone: 413-568-1652

Hopefully this is the son of Phyllis. Good Luck!!

Geez, I just realized that this op is from 2007. Oh well...

Last edited by ElizNJ; 04-07-2010 at 01:39 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,638 times
ElizNJ ~ The OP left an email address. Just click on her user name. Maybe it's still in use.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,806 times
Default yo

I live in Chicopee Ma and my last name is Bidus I know some of the names mentioned.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:06 PM

I must say thank you to all who have taken the time to help me. I have gotten lots of hits in the 3 years since I wrote this post. I am grateful for all the time and effort everyone has put forth! I have talked with many cousins because of all your help, and truly hope it continues!

PS. Calahan Bidus, if you would like to chat about our possible connection in the family, I may be able to help. ANYONE may e-mail me (Please notate something about genealogy in the subject line, as I get lots of mail and I don't want to look over anything as important) at Killer.b.com@gmail.com, or Achaedes@yahoo.com. (I also have a bug hobby, so that is the kind of bug(killer Bee) i am referring to. I've actually gotten some crap from a few who thought I was gangsta or something! LOL In actuality, I'm just a geek. I look forward to talking with you all!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:18 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,638 times
I'm glad it has worked out for you. Thank you for letting us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search