Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,079 times

Advertisements

Searching for information on Robert Henry Hawkins, my biological father, and possible half siblings.

Here is the information that was given to me:

He married my mother, Anita Christine Bliss, in 1973. No information on divorce date.
He lived in the Tacoma, WA or Seattle, WA area and worked in a hospital in the 1970's; I believe it was Tacoma General.
He may have been in the military prior to this.
He may have originally been from Arkansas.
He is older than my mother, who is now 62.
He fathered another child between 1973 and 1975, a girl, possible first initial "S". I'm told it's possible he had other children as well.

Since I believe he was aware of my existence when they split up, I'm not looking to interfere in his life in any way now (if he is still alive) and would not be interested in establishing contact with him at this time; however, I would like to know a little about his life story. I'm also very interested in knowing who his parents were and anything about their lives.

I would be thrilled to find any information on the possible half sister and about any other possible half siblings out there. Of course, I am not interested in causing any trouble for anybody involved and would like to be cautious.

Thank you for any help with this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 06:32 PM

25 posts, read 43,341 times
On Whitepages.com, I found a Robert H. Hawkins, 71, living in Tacoma, WA. Here's the website it directed me to:
http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Rober...6#:10072910231

On Familysearch.org, I found a Robert H. (age 28) and Lynell Hawkins (age 27) living in Arkansas at the time of the 1940 census....possibly his parents?

Is your mother still living? Is it possible to get more information from her?

Good luck with your search. I'm also searching for a half sister I've never met. It can be exciting, overwhelming, and frustrating but keep at it and hopefully you'll find them.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,079 times
Hi rlanter,

Thanks so much for your response! You've definitely given me something to work with.

My mother is still alive. She is fine with me searching for information, but she really doesn't have a lot of it to give. I don't think she had intended for me to find out about my father. But when I accidentally did, and then asked her about it, she told me pretty much what I posted above. I think that's about all she knows or wants to share with me.

Good luck with your search, too! I have known about this for nine years now yet have only just begun trying to do anything about it. Finding my half sister, and hopefully any other siblings out there, really would be exciting. I wish the same for you.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 AM

25 posts, read 43,341 times
You're welcome! You might also consider putting your story and a picture on PeopleSeekingPeople on Facebook. The only drawback is that everyone will see it as it's shared among your friends and their friends. If you don't have reservations about going completely public with the information then that won't be a drawback for you. The advantage is that you'll get one of the 'search angels' to do a little searching for you to get you started. I found a lot of Robert H. Hawkins when I searched so don't know if the information I sent you pertains to your relatives but it seemed most likely. PeopleSeekingPeople is more experienced with helping people get started on their searches so it's worth a try.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,492,570 times
famsearch I'll send you current info of a relative of his. Maybe they can connect you with Robert.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 AM

270 posts, read 380,254 times
Instead of going to PeopleSeekingPeople on FB, go to SearchSquad on FB. It is a closed group. You ask to be allowed to join to make a search. All comments stay in the group, and don't appear on the FB page of anyone not in the group. The success stories are unbelievable!!! Take the chance, you won't believe how fast they can find people!!

Old 05-07-2014, 05:32 PM

14,461 posts, read 20,637,389 times
The Facebook groups do have good success.
Another site where people can receive help is peoplelookingforpeople dot com.

The number of people looking for step relatives and the high number of out of marriage kids born who never find their parents or siblings, is very sad.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,380 times
Default hawk1358

Hi:

I am sure the Robert Henry Hawkins you are trying to find out information about is my brother. I don't have any up-to-date information on him because I have not see or communicated with him in over 20 years. If you would like I would be more than happy to give you any information about our family or Bob. I have never used this type of communication before and I'm not sure I'm doing this right.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,041 times
Hi my name is Jennelle "jenny" I believe Robert Henry Hawkins is my uncle..his sister was my mom (Charlotte Marie Hawkins..if i can be any help lmk
Email me at jennellemwheeler@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search