Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:57 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremev View Post
Just wanted to let you know Dutra was on the front of Ferea at some point from my understanding.Joaquin Dutra Ferea is Adeline Betty Ferea's dad he was Portuguese Rita Padia Ferea is Adeline's mother I think she was of Spanish decent. My cousin Candace and I have had the DNA from ancestry done. My understanding Adeline could have had her first child between the ages of 14-16 years of age. They are believed to have been married in California not for sure. Yakima washington has been mentioned. Mr. Wright was believed to be in the Coast Guard.
Glad to see you did DNA at ancestry. Have you uploaded to the free sites? My heritage, GEDmatch and GEDmatch Genesis for free ethnicity and family matching and FTDNA for free family matching. See my thread Family tree and DNA general instructions

If you've made a tree, I also say how to save it to upload to the sites.

Here is the GEDmatch Genesis info, it's in the last post in the thread. I'm not sure if it was up and running when I originally wrote my post. You never know what databases you'll find matches in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Also be sure to upload to GEDmatch Genesis which is separate from GEDmatch. Right now it's beta, eventually it will be merged with GEDmatch. IT contains results from the major 3 as well as results from 24 Genetics, Atlas, Complete Genomics, DNA Land, Full Genomes, Gencove, Gene By Gene, Genes For Good, Genos, GPS Originas, HGDP (Stanford), Living DNA, NatGeo, Oxford (FTDNA), We Gene, YSEQ, and some labs that a few of my matches used; Parabon, Dante Labs, Whole Genome and other sites that are not supported with regular GEDmatch. It also says there are more accurate matching tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Can a famiy member please clarify some information please?

Have you done a DNA test?????

Can you please explain all the name variations for Adeline? What do you mean by she was born Ferea, but should have been Dutra in the following post I found below? What's meant by "they were taken to Washington" - from where were they taken from???

Veronica Robins‎ to The Wright Family Tree
March 30, 2016 ·
Hello, this is a great page. I am Posting for my cousin Candace her mother is Adeline Betty Dawson. She was born Adeline Dutra but should have been Adeline Betty Ferea. Her Birth date was July 24th 1928. In 1943 She went to Adeline Bobbie Ferea then Adeline Bob Wright and onto Bobbie Adeline Dawson. While she was married to a wright that served in the coast guard she had three children unknown to Candy until after her mothers death. These children were taken to Washington and left with the Wright family. These children would be of Portuguese descent. Any information would be so great she has searched for 14 years for her siblings.
3 Comments

On, 3/31/16 these two posts were added:

And Historyfan replied as well:

To which was replied to:

So, which is correct, 1924 or 1928?

The picture of the children, where, or who was that obtained from? That's just a curiousity question? Was that picture taken when they were still with Adeline?

When you say she was struggling, can you be a little more specific of the situation? Where was the husband, Mr. Wright?

Where did she get divorced, and what year?

Was Adeline Portuguese?

If born in 1928, saying she went to Ferea when in 1943, that's 15 years old - if 1924, that's 19 years old. Confused here

If she married Mr. Dawson in 1979 when was the other daughter born? I'm taking it's Candace? That would have made Adeline over 50 when she had Candace if it was after the marriage. Again, I'm confused Is it just me???? There seems to be some conflicting information, and to me, seems pieces of a puzzle are missing. Why all these names associated with one person???

Maybe this is the reason you keep hitting brick walls.
Reminds me of the episode of Long Lost Family where the 2 boys that were raised by their father were looking for twins Elizabeth (Betty) and Bobby that were put for adoption, they had heard their mother was pregnant with a baby girl at the time. The father was in the service, he told the kids the mother left them. Reality was he was abusive, made her leave the 2 boys with his parents after social services took the twins away saying it was too many kids for her to raise while he was away.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:52 AM

I made a quick profile for Adeline at family search. I attached the 1930 census to her but did not add John L and Nettie Helton or their kids since we don't know why she was living with them listed as a daughter. To view the census, scroll to sources, then review attachments

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pe...tails/LB9V-8QP

Old 02-28-2018, 10:35 AM

16 posts, read 19,778 times
The best of my knowledge the birth year was 1928 of Adeline. We are not sure why the variation in names used. However, she was born a Ferea and married a Wright ( first name believed to be Lyn Lloyd or Floyd) at the age of 14 to 15. According to what family stories are out there Adeline was abused and left by Mr. Wright with 3 children and had no way to care for them and asked a family member of Mr. Wrights to take the kids. Adeline was told that if she brought the children to the family she was never to return. It was believed she took many trips to Washington for some reason. The story is this family lived in Washington which is where Mr. Wright was from. He was in the Coast Guards when Adeline met him. Later, We assume she did divorce met Mr. Dawson whom she had a child with (Candice) but they did not get married until 1979 ( I think) For what reason I do not know; unless it was do to she was still married awaiting divorce. Thank you for all your help sometimes we have to step back and take a breather from this search. We are willing to provide all our information that we have its just not much. The picture of the kids was taken while they were still in Adeline's care.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:45 AM

Time line of Adeline:
Birth 1928
1st Marriage to (Lyn, LLoyd Floyd) Wright 1942-1943
3 Children ( Do not know dates)

Birth of Candice
Marriage to Mel Dawson 1979
Death 2002

Old 02-28-2018, 12:53 PM

Don't get discouraged. There's a lot of great searchers here. Very dedicated too. See the thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/peopl...l#post49921222 it will show you things you may be able to do too. I know its very long but its worth it to read in your spare time. We still haven't found his mother but once the OP has time to devote to it again we may find answers

Old 02-28-2018, 12:58 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Don't get discouraged.
Ditto that several times.
I can put you in contact with persons who found their relatives and "we" did not even know the relatives names.
There are yield signs and go around stop signs but dead ends are rare. Some have stubborn front doors and may have to be tried at the side or back door.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM

I just wanted to give a little update...JUST THIS WEEK...We made a discovery through DNA testing on ancestry. We believe we have found the children we are still in the discovery mode. Please send good vibes and lots of prayer that this is our answer. Thank you all for your responses.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
I just wanted to give a little update...JUST THIS WEEK...We made a discovery through DNA testing on ancestry. We believe we have found the children we are still in the discovery mode. Please send good vibes and lots of prayer that this is our answer. Thank you all for your responses.
How exciting for you! Wishing you the very best of luck. Thank you for the update.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Congrats! DNA is really the best way to find lost relatives and it's fairly inexpensive these days, especially with the sales. Make sure you get the most out of it by uploading to the free sites. See my post that I just updated today Family tree and DNA general instructions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search