Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 03:15 PM

197 posts, read 195,984 times

Advertisements

Update on Yesterdays Searches: New York State death index for years 1963 thru 1967 (excludes New York City Deaths) found 1189 Mildred's with various Surnames, none of which were Galvin. Then I found 79 of those to have the middle initial "M". Assuming she may have married and not having a last name to work with I was able to eliminate all 79 candidates due to age shown in database. None of the deceased were even close to the age Mildred would have been in that time frame. So, I think it is safe to say that she did not pass away in New York state outside of New York City during 1963 thru 1967. As always the search continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 04:06 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Update on Yesterdays Searches: New York State death index for years 1963 thru 1967 (excludes New York City Deaths) found 1189 Mildred's with various Surnames, none of which were Galvin. Then I found 79 of those to have the middle initial "M". Assuming she may have married and not having a last name to work with I was able to eliminate all 79 candidates due to age shown in database. None of the deceased were even close to the age Mildred would have been in that time frame. So, I think it is safe to say that she did not pass away in New York state outside of New York City during 1963 thru 1967. As always the search continues.
Why did you exclude NYC as well as the years 1961-1962.
For Esperanza to know about Mildred's death (rumor that it was a car accident) then Mildred and Esperanza would have kept in touch after August 1960. Maybe just up to the year when Esperanza moved to Puerto Rico to live or Esperanza happened to see the accident or obituary in the N.Y. Times. Major newspapers are sold in other countries and states. Or after Esperanza moved to PR she and Mildred kept in touch by phone, letter or even met each other in some place in some year after 1960.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Why did you exclude NYC as well as the years 1961-1962.
For Esperanza to know about Mildred's death (rumor that it was a car accident) then Mildred and Esperanza would have kept in touch after August 1960. Maybe just up to the year when Esperanza moved to Puerto Rico to live or Esperanza happened to see the accident or obituary in the N.Y. Times. Major newspapers are sold in other countries and states. Or after Esperanza moved to PR she and Mildred kept in touch by phone, letter or even met each other in some place in some year after 1960.
I'll have to look at the range of years that I selected. None of the results listed were earlier than 1963 or later than 1967. I knew going into it that New York City Deaths were not included. For some reason they are listed separately. This is a new source for me and I am still getting used to inputting the search parameters. I will try to expand parameters to include 1960, 1961, 1962. I also only looked at results for Mildreds with the middle initial "M" and she may not have used it. The sheer volume of 1189 Mildreds between 1963 and 1967 was staggering.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:30 AM

Google chrome browser has a translation app you can add to the tool bar. I did a search for Cuba Phone Directory. I believe the one that came up was the current one (I would like to search some older ones). Anyway I keyed in Mildred Galvin and no results was the answer. Next I searched using just the first name and was given 45 results. All results had multiple Spanish sounding names attached. Does this mean she may have married anyone of these 45 people? I am not sure how the multiple last name thing works. Any thoughts as to whether this is a worthwhile Avenue of endeavor?

Old 12-07-2017, 07:43 AM

[quote=Mr Skin;50332904]Google chrome browser has a translation app you can add to the tool bar. I did a search for Cuba Phone Directory. I believe the one that came up was the current one (I would like to search some older ones). Anyway I keyed in Mildred Galvin and no results was the answer. Next I searched using just the first name and was given 45 results. All results had multiple Spanish sounding names attached. Does this mean she may have married anyone of these 45 people? I am not sure how the multiple last name thing works. Any thoughts as to whether this is a worthwhile Avenue of endeavor?[/QUOTE)

Follow-up: the directory allows you to search for land lines as well as mobile, though it appears that there are far more results with land lines than with mobile. The search results in terms of area was all of Cuba with 13 results from scattered areas and the balance in Havana.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:36 AM

Yesterday I received in the mail a reply from NYC Office of the Medical Examiner Records Management. This is what it said:

RE: Mildred May Galvin

Dear Mr. Skin,

"We have made a thorough search of our files and the above named individual does not appear in our records as a Medical Examiner's case."

They gave a suggestion as to the next step I should take and contact info for said agency. I am in the process of making that happen. These steps require my involvement as a biological son. I will of course update the forum when I know something.
I believe that reply gives us some hope to carry on the search.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:13 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Yesterday I received in the mail a reply from NYC Office of the Medical Examiner Records Management. This is what it said:

RE: Mildred May Galvin

Dear Mr. Skin,

"We have made a thorough search of our files and the above named individual does not appear in our records as a Medical Examiner's case."

They gave a suggestion as to the next step I should take and contact info for said agency. I am in the process of making that happen. These steps require my involvement as a biological son. I will of course update the forum when I know something.
I believe that reply gives us some hope to carry on the search.
I do not know if you have already researched these ladies named Mildred (Millie) with 14 Apr 1928 birthdates -

Millie Lexington
14 Apr 1928
23 Jun 2007
Lexington, Massachusetts, USA

Mildred L Abbott
14 Apr 1928
24 Aug 2015
Maryland, USA
Evanston, Illinois, USA

Mildred Eurich
14 Apr 1928
7 Jul 1996
New York City, USA

Mildred E Wortham
14 Apr 1928
14 Jan 2011
Indiana, USA

Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
For Mildred Eurich.
10940 Middletown, Orange, New York, USA--last residence given for her in the SS Death Index. I looked her up because this one seems most likely as two of the others have a different middle initial and this one was in NY.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:33 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times
The one from Indiana should be able to be eliminated unless there are two.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-lorene-abbott
She was born April 14, 1928 in Campbellsburg, KY to the late Levi and Lillian Louden Teague.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The first one had a last name of Lexington and died in a city by the same name?

Old 12-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
I do not know if you have already researched these ladies named Mildred (Millie) with 14 Apr 1928 birthdates -

Millie Lexington
14 Apr 1928
23 Jun 2007
Lexington, Massachusetts, USA

Mildred L Abbott
14 Apr 1928
24 Aug 2015
Maryland, USA
Evanston, Illinois, USA

Mildred Eurich
14 Apr 1928
7 Jul 1996
New York City, USA

Mildred E Wortham
14 Apr 1928
14 Jan 2011
Indiana, USA

No, I have not looked at any of these yet. I would love to see a place of birth on any Mildreds with that same birthday, as we know from my Mom's birth certificate she was born in Waterbury, Connecticut at St. Mary's Hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search