Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 08:04 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a long lost aquaintance. I was in the Navy from 1982 until 2003 when I retired. From June-July 1983, I went to Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, Colorado. While there, I met someone named Amy. She worked at Showbiz Pizza somewhere there in the Denver area. I believe she lived in Aurora. She was very talented and had two professional parents. I believe she went to Minnesota to an "arts" school.

Because I was in the Navy, her parents never really liked me but her and I hit it off for a very short relationship while I was there. After she went to school in Minnesota, we lost touch. I moved to Virginia, and several other military installations from there. I was 18 at the time and she was 17. I believe she also went by the name "Sydney" and her last name (if I remember correctly, and it's probably not spelled correctly) was Lehroo.

As I understand it, one night she got in an accident at the school, and wound up in the hospital. After she left the hospital, she called me one night when I was in Virginia. She explained that her parents had kept my letters from her, and that she wanted to see "where we stood." Unfortunately, I was just about to deploy, and back then there was no internet or email, so I just decided to let her go on with her life.

If she sounds familiar to anyone, or anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be greatly appreciative. I will check back here periodically. Thank you... I'm just looking in on an old friend, not trying to rekindle a relationship. If you know her and want to pass this on before passing any information to me, tell her it's "Buggy" checking up on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Sorry no help here.. do not find anything under Lehroo.. might need to check the spelling

Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 AM

I didn't think it would be the right spelling. It might not even be her real last name. As I said, I knew here as Amy... but for all her acting stints (she did a couple commercials she had told me), she used the name Sydney. I was hoping all the back ground information (17 in 1983, lived in Denver/Auroro, Colorado, worked at that time in the Showbiz (Showtime?) Pizza (equivalent to Chuck E. Cheeze theme), that her parents were professionals (psychatrist and psychologist), that she then went to school in Minnesota, etc.) would jog someone's memory on knowing her.

Thank you for all the effort so far.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,867 times
Could it be Amy Lowry? There is an artist who is age appropriate living in Chicago, IL.

Other variations to keep trying are LaRue or Lareau.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,867 times
I found plenty of Amy LaRue's out there. Unfortunately, she most likely married and changed her last name.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 AM

Thank you all for trying. I guess I was just hoping against the odds (I'm not normally a romantic). It would probably take someone actually going to ShowBiz Pizza Place (of which most were converted to Chuck E. Cheese) and finding employer records, or someone who went to school in that year and had a yearbook. Or the absolutely extreme odds that someone reading this knew here and her parents and lived in that area who could say, "I know someone who meets that description... it sounds like...." But again, I was just hoping against the odds.

Thank you all for your time. There are many more people on this forum who have greater need to find people than me.

Thanks again!

Rath
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search