Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,619 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking for my sister whom I have only met once. I know she would be about 53 years old and has a son named Ross. Our mother was Francis young, nicknamed Frankie. Last I heard she was living in Glascow Scotland. My name is Nancy Anderson, our mother moved to the states when my sister was 2 y/o. If anyone has any information that could lead me to her, please respond, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 05:32 PM

6 posts, read 13,020 times
Default Barbara Ann

Hi Nancy,
I do not know where Barbara Ann is but I do remember her. Your Mum Frankie was my Dad's cousin. His name was James Harkins and his mum was Molly. Barbara - who brought Barbara Ann up - was his aunt and they used to visit us often.The last we heard of her was when Barbara died. Barbara Ann was still living in Gallowgate, Glasgow then. My mum met her at Barbara's funeral and she was doing fine but we seemed to loose touch after that. I do remember a little picture my mum had of you as a child. You were wearing a pretty blue dress and had a little baby boy sitting in front of you. Barbara was always very proud of you. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 AM

Default Barabar Ann

Hi Nancy,
Just wanted to add a short note. My sister suggested that the best way to contact someone in Glasgow might be to place a small add in one of the big newspapers like The Sunday Mail or The Daily Record. Someone who knows Barbara Ann is bound to see it and get in touch. The thing is people our age - (who aren't that internet friendly!) would know that you are looking. Good luck in your search.
Delia

Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 AM

3 posts, read 6,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyta View Post
Hello,
I am looking for my sister whom I have only met once. I know she would be about 53 years old and has a son named Ross. Our mother was Francis young, nicknamed Frankie. Last I heard she was living in Glascow Scotland. My name is Nancy Anderson, our mother moved to the states when my sister was 2 y/o. If anyone has any information that could lead me to her, please respond, thank you
hi nanci, my beautiful sister, i coudnt believe my eyes when i typed in my name this morning i was just messing about i put my name in and there it was theres never a day went by when i dont think of you thats the reason i got this was to try and find you i know Frankie died theres so much i want to say but my address is 10/6 baltic street; Leith, Edinburgh, i left Glasgow about 15 years ago my phone no. is 0131 554 2620 my mobile is 07512050715 ive lived for this day please get back to me as soon as you can Ilove you very very much your big sister Barbara Ann xxxx.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:36 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
This made me cry. This is an old post, good luck in making contact.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,463,212 times
nancyta didn't leave her email address with city-data, but deliamcguinness did. Perhaps there is a remote possibility that Nancy found Delia's email address through this site (she would have had to know to click on her user name) and wrote to her. You never know. Maybe Delia's email address is still good. Worth a try. Good luck. Also...maybe Barbara can try her own search now (a new thread), for Nancy.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Unfortunately, I do not have any new information.

This is a shot in the dark really... but would any of the site moderators be able to pull up a record of the IP address used by nancyta. Perhaps this could be used to help pinpoint her location.

Good luck in your search Barbara Ann. I really hope you find each other.

Delia x

Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Default from Barbara Ann to delia

hi delia,sorry I never got back yesterday but i wasnt well, but yea i no who you are you were like my fav. wee cuzin when we were kids and i guess i still see you as the kid with the long red hair great memories, i looked forward to my wee ma taking me to Coatbridge every visit what about maureen, john, and michael im sorry about your mum and dad, Delia i dont no much about my way round the comp, if you could give me a bit of advice how to get on to diffrent sites do you wnt my e,mail or do you want to keep it private God Bless B/ann x.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Default deliamcguinnessreply

hi delia my comps not woking so if you get this please get back to me i wouldnt like to lose you also so dont think im ignoring you ive been trying to send e-mails since i last heard from you love B/ann x x.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:51 PM

838 posts, read 2,241,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara ann young View Post
hi delia my comps not woking so if you get this please get back to me i wouldnt like to lose you also so dont think im ignoring you ive been trying to send e-mails since i last heard from you love B/ann x x.
If you click on your sister's name, you can send her a direct message and you two can reconnect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search