Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 04:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,264 times

Advertisements

So i have decided I would like to find my biological father. I have never met him. I am 22 years old married with a child of my own. I have some medical conditions that concern me that my mothers side of the family doesnt have. Also i dont know much about why he didnt want to meet me and it would be nice to see what happened and if he does want to know me.

This is about all I know:
His name is Albert, him and my mom met in blackfoot over the summer. She had me may 29, 1989 in Bountiful, Utah. I am a girl and have grown up in boise for most of my life. I was adopted when i was seven, May 2, 1996. He signed the papers but it took forever for him to sign them, i was told because he was running away from paying child support. I dont care what the past is I would just like to know who my dad is, do i have any sibblings, does my family want to know me?

If you know of anything please contact me or if you know of a good way to get information. Email me if you do L.Stiehl17@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 05:02 PM

838 posts, read 2,241,960 times
His first name is Albert. What is his last name? You said he signed the papers. Do you have access to those papers as his name should be on them if he signed them. How about your mother? Will she tell you his last name and date of birth?
With just Albert, there is not a lot we can do for you.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 PM

yes I guess i will have to try and get up the strength to talk to my mom again. i dont have any of the information or even how to go about finding it. Last time I brought it up my mom and adopted dad were really disappointed. So im kind of nervous.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:47 PM

on my birth year I meant to put 1986

Old 12-13-2008, 10:15 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
Tell them it has nothing to do with your love for them and your gratitude towards your adoptive father for raising you as his own, but a piece of your history is missing and you have a strong internal need to learn of your roots and complete the puzzle of who you are. Good or bad, you just need to know.

Telling you they are disappointed is just their way of manipulating you with guilt. If they do that again, don't let it effect you. Just tell them, "I love you very much, and nothing will ever change that. I hope you love me enough to respect my need to know my whole family history."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search