Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,557 times

Advertisements

Great Find iriekate!

Cogent Communications is an internet service provider - one of their private peering locations is listed at 326-344 Hudson St., NYC

ISP Planet - Resources - BackBone Guide - Cogent Communications (http://www.isp-planet.com/resources/backbones/cogent.html - broken link)

City-Data lists the owner as Trinity Church Corp.

http://www.city-data.com/ny-properti...Street-23.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 06:46 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Is it okay to say, " you guys are the bomb !!" or is that outdated. LOL.

Good finds. And do keep us posted.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM

259 posts, read 732,396 times
I'm going to call the PO Box place in the morning. I'm on NYC time so I'll call as soon as they open.

If anyone else has called them, please let me know. otherwise, I'll report back after I speak with the owners.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
This is the closest addressed building I could find that Trinity Church owned, it's at 345 Hudson Street and lists a Starbucks (wifi?) on the property. There is also a phone # for the building manager. It appears to be a commercial building.

Trinity Real Estate Office Space Search

Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM

there are condos on that block too. so, if it really is his landline, he could (in theory) be living in one of those condos. (check out that link i posted of the google map. you can view in "street view" mode to see the condos)

Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 PM

i just figured out that 333 Hudson is a big office building. if you look up that address, there's like 100 listings of companies. i think i was wrong in assuming those windows were condos...sorry!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Shes just 21 going to school, and I would doubt much money to send him,
after 1 1/2 yrs never met the guy. I'm wondering what his motivation
to do this would be, anyone got ideas?

Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Shes just 21 going to school, and I would doubt much money to send him,
after 1 1/2 yrs never met the guy. I'm wondering what his motivation
to do this would be, anyone got ideas?
Possible use of her identity or mailing address for whatever. Just another psycho. Hard to tell.

She's 21? I'd get her mother to get her to get a credit report done, see if anything has been opened in her name.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:46 AM

Crochetfashion,

How did your daughter meet this guy? Has she given him anything?

I just got off the phone with the PO Box place and spoke with the owner. There is a Steve Morrison who does have that PO Box number and they don't forward mail. The owner didn't know who this guy was (just one of many customers) so he wasn't able to give me any details about him.

I hope I've been helpful. I like doing all this detective work, but at this point I believe something fishy is going on here and unless there are some other details we can confirm/deny, I think it's time to bring the police in on this one. Give them all the information you have about this guy and let them track him down. Try to get more info about this guy from your daughter and maybe not tell your daughter you're having the police find him because if she tells him he may make himself harder to find.

Listen, if your daughter is planning on making the trip from California all the way to NYC to spend time with a guy that has lied about everything you know about him, it's time to get tough. No more "closing your eyes to her", okay? It's Protective-Mama-Warrior time. Trust your gut.

(I'm sorry if I am sounding dramatic, but I'm a mom too.)

Old 09-30-2009, 08:49 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriekate View Post
Crochetfashion,

How did your daughter meet this guy? Has she given him anything?

I just got off the phone with the PO Box place and spoke with the owner. There is a Steve Morrison who does have that PO Box number and they don't forward mail. The owner didn't know who this guy was (just one of many customers) so he wasn't able to give me any details about him.

I hope I've been helpful. I like doing all this detective work, but at this point I believe something fishy is going on here and unless there are some other details we can confirm/deny, I think it's time to bring the police in on this one. Give them all the information you have about this guy and let them track him down. Try to get more info about this guy from your daughter and maybe not tell your daughter you're having the police find him because if she tells him he may make himself harder to find.

Listen, if your daughter is planning on making the trip from California all the way to NYC to spend time with a guy that has lied about everything you know about him, it's time to get tough. No more "closing your eyes to her", okay? It's Protective-Mama-Warrior time. Trust your gut.

(I'm sorry if I am sounding dramatic, but I'm a mom too.)
I totally agree and no you're not sounding dramatic. I'm a guy and I don't blame you one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search