Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 59,142 times

Advertisements

I am unable to find someone that I am looking for in Ireland. I have their families names, but I cannot find them. I have done several people searches without any luck. What am I missing? Could someone provide me with information on how to find someone in Ireland? The family is from Dundalk County Louth Ireland. The mom and dad both still live there. I know the sons live in Dublin... I think Dublin City. One is single and lives alone. The other lives very close with his fiance. I am not sure where their sister lives, but it is 30 minutes or so away from Dundalk County Louth & Dublin she lives with her boyfriend.

Last edited by lookingforsomeone; 11-29-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 04:44 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,491,967 times
If you haven't tried these already.

Ireland Phone Numbers - Telephone Directory - 192.com

www.iol.ie/~discover/ndc.htm

Free People Search - Personal Information Search

Plus try the names on Facebook,Myspace and other social networks

Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 61,005 times
I am actually from Dundalk never mind Ireland. Best bet is to check this website out [url=http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/]eircom phonebook online: residential and business name search directory for Ireland[/url] type in the family name and the place (Dundalk) and change the radio button from Business to Residential.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 20,836 times
i am looking for the grave of my father. He suposed gone just before the end og ww2 to Irland. a friend told me he has seen a grave with hes name on, but refuses to tell me whereabouts it is. To my knowledgeit must be some where arround the south coast of Irland. maby the Person who burried him will get in touch with me.Hes Name::: Walter Friedrich Lojewski. born on the
i would be grate full if ther is any reply to my inquiries.
Excuse my englich but i am German.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlaycock View Post
i am looking for the grave of my father. He suposed gone just before the end og ww2 to Irland. a friend told me he has seen a grave with hes name on, but refuses to tell me whereabouts it is.
You were born in the 1930's?
Why would the friend fail to tell you such a simple thing.
I could see a relative of yours not wanting to reveal the location in scenarios where they were not on good terms with you or your father. But a friend of yours......
Ask them again and let them know if they could do you one favor the rest of your life it would be to locate your father's grave. Being a friend, no, they won't abandon you as far as favors in the future but it lets them know how important it is to you on the death location of your father.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:32 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforsomeone View Post
I am unable to find someone that I am looking for in Ireland. I have their families names, but I cannot find them. I have done several people searches without any luck. What am I missing? Could someone provide me with information on how to find someone in Ireland? The family is from Dundalk County Louth Ireland. The mom and dad both still live there. I know the sons live in Dublin... I think Dublin City. One is single and lives alone. The other lives very close with his fiance. I am not sure where their sister lives, but it is 30 minutes or so away from Dundalk County Louth & Dublin she lives with her boyfriend.
There was a fire at the National records office in Ireland in 1922, however not all records were destroyed and the 1901 and 1911 census records are among the records that still exist.

The fire that destroyed all Irish records - the myth and the reality

The National Archive in Ireland may also be able to give you some advice on tracing a relative and finding a grave. You could also try church records.

National Archives of Ireland

Church Records - Irish Genealogy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search