Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I see. I'm sorry that you didn't have any children if that was a desire of yours.

I'm definitely getting my wife pregnant and having kids. So that's not a problem for me and my wife.

My big thing was almost the same as I went through back when I dated another girl who was awesome for me, but was in hindsight inconsiderate. I spent a long, long time getting over her. And that's all it will take really. I have an awesome life and don't regret stuff, it's just random topics like this get the ol' Wayback machine running.
No, I did not want any kids !... This back then ( 35 tears ago), was my third marriage.. First marriage when I was 20,.wife 17, had one child who now is 50 years old. I or we did a poor job and after 5 years got divorced, all the child support, upkeep,maintenance payments, etc. and he grew up with out me being around much ( traveled and went with the Job all over the Country). Right or wrong, it turned out bad, drugs, etc. he never married, and today not much better I think, never see him anymore since my mother died 3 years ago.All my close family has passed on now.Only one cousin left.
So, thats why I did not pick the younger, hotter one, I was sure she would want kids somewhere down the road. Maybe I should have , I still miss her 37 years later. She is married and has one kid. that's now 15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:32 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times
Both of you knock it off and get off my thread before I lose my lunch.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
I beg your pardon! Anyone who sets up a thread like this...negative from the start, what do you expect your going to get ? People get sidetracked due to the subject matter, sorry. Maybe you should stick to Real Estate threads, I could talk a lot about that, most can these horror type days ! Anything that involves money, credit, rich or poor, divorce, marriage,its all free game here the way I see it. Also , these days with the new lower class picking up, look for a lot more relationship problems. fact is, fewer people are getting married now than ever before, its the economy, don't ya think?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times
And If the two of you feel the need to talk in detail about all the women you've had go to the relationship forum and try to find people that have the stomach for it.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
And If the two of you feel the need to talk in detail about all the women you've had go to the relationship forum and try to find people that have the stomach for it.
LOL you asked for it. You don't go starting a thread like this without asking for something related to emotions. If you can't stomach emotions when asking for them, LOL wow, you must be thick skulled.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I wouldn't.
The red flag IMO about what you said is not the parts about being broke and poor -- but the "always had been for a long time." To me it seems like the person isn't making effort over a prolonged period of time. (This U.S. economy as of late, is a horse of another color though, b/c people are making tremendous efforts and not getting reciprocated).

Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 PM

21,831 posts, read 25,102,289 times
I wouldn't mind. Actually, if it were up to me, I'd prefer my wife to be a stay at home mom and raise the kids, so her earning power really wouldn't be that important to me. I make enough money that I could provide comfortably for a family. My family has a lot of ex-dirtpoors. My dad (photographer turned pharmacist), aunt and uncle (musicians turned successful small-business owners), aunt and uncle (nursery and rabble-rouser/academic turned city planner and lawyer), etc.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 910 times
I am a struggling artist of Latin decent, who is currently married to a beautiful wealthy women.

And it does hurt my pride as a man because she can be very arrogant and bossy at times, but I love her very much as she is.

I met my wife when I was in the eigth grade, being married to a wealthy women is not easy due to the stereo types of men and women, but morally there is nothing wrong with being married for love.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:03 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,019,885 times
Uh, no.

Marry? It wouldn't even get to a date!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:52 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,747,435 times
i dont care how much money someone has. what matters to me is that we have common interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance