Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,006,141 times

Advertisements

I am getting 2-4 calls from a creditor (Sirius Radio) on a Sunday and + other days for a balance due of $23.00 which I had an agreement to pay on the 15th of Dec. This bill is overdue for only 10 days

The person I spoked to is in "Egypt"
and could not understand what I was trying to say..

So, today after the phone call they "Sirius" radio DC'd my usuage

I will call my attorney tomorrow(who I have a pre-paid situation with) and explain the situation..

I do like Sirius radio...maybe find an alternative or just live without it

So, anyway...3-4 calls/day for a collector
hw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Why not just pay them? Its a luxury, . When you signed up you obviously thought it was something ya wanted.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Pay it when you're able, cancel the service, and explain that unreasonable harassment was the reason for your cancellation.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
I am getting 2-4 calls from a creditor (Sirius Radio) on a Sunday and + other days for a balance due of $23.00 which I had an agreement to pay on the 15th of Dec. This bill is overdue for only 10 days

I will call my attorney tomorrow(who I have a pre-paid situation with) and explain the situation..

hw
This doesn't belong here.

Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Sirius is not a debt collector for purposes of the Act, and so their actions do not violate federal law.

However, your State may have debt collection laws that define creditors as debt collectors. California is one such State, and I believe Texas may be another (I'd have to check my notes on that).

So, you can call your attorney, but I doubt he'll be able to do anything (other than bill you for wasting his time).

Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
If you can't pay this bill on time you can't afford Sirius. What makes you think it's okay to be late paying your bills?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
This is what you have an answering machine for, to screen out unwanted calls.

Who cares about Sirius? Seriously. Sign on with some up and comer that can't afford to p*ss you off, or just find a good internet channel without commercials.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:05 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post

hw
Today is December 11th,....so if you agreed to pay on December 15th, how could this bill be overdue for ten days?

Secondly, you cannot/will not pay a $23 dollar debt,...but you can pre-pay and attorney? Seems your priorities need and tune-up....

Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Original post just does not add up.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Today is December 11th,....so if you agreed to pay on December 15th, how could this bill be overdue for ten days?

Secondly, you cannot/will not pay a $23 dollar debt,...but you can pre-pay and attorney? Seems your priorities need and tune-up....
My brain is not thinking right. Not getting this. Today is only Dec 11th, if you made arrangements to pay on the 15th, then how is this bill overdue. Please help me understand.

I thought creditors, debt collectors were not suppose to call on Sundays, and before 9:a.m. or after 9: p.m.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:01 PM

535 posts, read 585,909 times
the HORRORS OF some peoples problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered something I don't need. I didn't pay the bill by the due date, but made payment arrangements for the 15th, but they outsource their collections, and that department shows it was due 10 days ago, they keep calling, I KNOW IT IS THEM CALLING, but I answer the phone anyways and CHOOSE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION with them instead of just hanging up.

Only logical thing to do next is to post this HUGE PROBLEM on city data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance