Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,381,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Further childsupport is 100% enforceable and will be enforced, no excuses. Can u say the samething about other aspects of parenting. As of this year the government is requiring all parent who are not married to go thru support enforcement.
Even if the couple lives together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 08:36 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,028,924 times
I don't know why people have been giving the OP such a hard time about examples and stories of people paying child support for children who aren't theirs. This ISN"T a new issue. It's been making news for years, and is becoming more prevalent.

Especially the way people were still asking him/her to "give examples, give examples," and basically implying that he/she was making up, like " saying "this is not a problem"....even AFTER people starting posting information about it and links to several examples. You people have never heard of this? -- it's is NOT a new issue.

Last edited by rdflk; 08-04-2013 at 09:56 PM..

Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,770,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Even if the couple lives together?
No, its only for parents who are divorced or never married, or parent who are single and get welfare, or when one parent requests enforcement of support and has valid court order.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
I don't know why people have been giving the OP such a hard time about examples and stories of people paying child support for children who aren't theirs. This ISN"T a new issue. It's been making news for years, and is becoming more prevalent.

Especially the way people were still asking him/her to "give examples, give examples," and basically implying that him/her was making up, like " saying "this is not a problem"....even AFTER people starting posting information about it and links to several examples. You people have never heard of this? -- it's is NOT a new issue.
You want to know why? Because what the op is presenting isn't politically correct. Dont u know all non custody parents(80% fathers) are deadbeats parents? If it isnt true then why do we need support enforcement?

Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,964,372 times
You don't at least where I live if you didn't adopt and its not yours. Not knowing complicates it tho.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:58 PM

Things are getting crazy like did u know that in some states your required to pay childsupport and part of college if your a non custody parent. I understand the logic for it, must kids from divorced parents are disavantaged and the government wants to make sure children succeed. The problem is the states assume that only children of divorce are disavantaged. Not married parents with children over 18 or even orphans or foster kids or wards of the courts. This law only requires non custody parents to pay. Which is unconstitutional.

Further i just don't understand the lawmakers sometimes. They don't even require themselves to support there disavantaged children(foster kids, ward of the courts) for college after the minor turns 18.

Op sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread. I just have a thing for injustic sorry.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You don't at least where I live if you didn't adopt and its not yours. Not knowing complicates it tho.
That why if there is doubt you can get a paternity test. Ok i want to give the poor op back his thread lol

Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,780,693 times
I know a man who was ordered to pay support for a child who wasnt his. His wife was cheating on him and Michigan gave him this support order. He had a feeling the child was not his and after finding out his wife was a **** and a cheat he wanted to have a DNA test done. The judge told him if he had the test done he would put him in jail for a year and fine the snot out of him. And he isnt the only person I know who has been in a situation where they were paying support for a child that was not theirs. It happens more than you think

The radical feminazi owns the family courts and friend of the courts. Every law passed in the last 60 years was designed to give women control and power over men

Period

Excuse the pun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't believe this is a widespread problem for 'people'.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 PM

You know guys lets not get into the gender war ok, the truth is the feminist are being used too. Think about who is profiting in the name of the best interests of our children? Single Moms who eek by? or non custodial dads who barely parents anymore or our poor children? Non of us do, but the system does with 100+hr lawyers, the experts, the billion+ taxpayer government support enforcement agancy. The system uses the feminists to get there laws past. Don't believe me? If the government is so concerned about what is best for our children you would think they would fund support services for our children while mom and dad destroy eachother in court. Or even fund a few million on enforcement of visitation because children need love from both parents and its in there best interests but no its only interests is money. Educate yourself ok

Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 AM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
A woman can abort a fetus at her will (against man' wishes). A woman can keep a child (against man' wishes or even without his knowledge) and hit him for child support. Either way - the man is screwed. BTW, why woman' choices become man' responsibility, especially if that choice involves messing with used condoms (it happens all the time)? Looks like the system is built around women' procreation urges. It understandable, as women' procreation urges are in steep decline, the state bends over backward to please the willing and able women (to ensure future supplies of the wage units and cannon fodder, naturally, all the justice and common sense be damned).

As for enforcing child support, it's automated in most of the states, a 50 dollars missed here, 25 missed there and in a few months they suspend man' driver license and hit him with penaltie$ (it costs a woman exactly $0 in lawyers' fees), if payments fail to catch up the next step - jail, if that doesn't help - lean on the property, all sorts of garnishments etc.. Apparently, in your case, you just got impregnated by the penniless & propertyless guy (officially, at least) only these guys sometimes escape responsibility for women' choices. Usually those are the proverbial "bad guys" who just failed move up the ladder, but of course picking an irresponsible father for her child is never woman' fault. Bad news though, Federal Government is about to stop mailing paper disability checks which mean that thousands of the disabled men will be left with exactly $0 to survive on.

Paperless Child Support Payments May Cost Poor Fathers Only Source Of Income
LOL, cute little jab you snuck in there, how clever , but I got "impregnated by" my employed HUSBAND of several years, who, after our daughter was born, decided he'd rather party his brains out and not work for a living anymore. It was our choice together to have a child, not something I pulled over on him. Sadly, not being from an alcoholic family, I was very naive and did not anticipate that he would turn himself into the drunk-ass father he'd hated.

It's great that the world fits into neat little boxes for you, but in Real Life, sometimes people become sick, or change, or make mistakes, and life just doesn't pan out into rainbows and unicorns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance