Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 PM

88 posts, read 137,693 times

Advertisements

I didnt realize I had a History with this guy until today when i was going through my files.
Anyways I dont need your input anymore Lars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:45 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
I am not talking about the loan, I am talking about the lawyer who is now trying to collect on the debt.
Lawyer or not, the law still applies.

Quote:
And you should read the fine print on those docs before you take their money.
The lawyer should read the fine print before he tries to collect. Now he has to spend $3-$5K in order to collect on a loan that was originally $750.

Quote:
And you should never forget to pay them back.
That is water under the bridge now and a bit of a moot point anyhow.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Lycos:

So i sent out those Notices of election for arbitration. (without the actual demand for arbitration through JAMS). I send 2 separate ones to the attorney for each case, and i sent 1 each to both of the loan places. I only got 3 green cards back. I didnt get a green card back from Speedy cash.

I havent heard a peep from the attorney for about 2/3 days now, not since he asked me if i was filling bankruptcy and to give him my attorneys name and number if i was so they could work something out. He was also trying to tell me he called jams and both parties including myself have to pay 400 dollar initial fee, plus 350 arbitrator fees and he gave me the number to JAMS to call them myself. So i did and they notified me that I only pay 250 and he would pay the rest. I let him know that.

Im also waiting on hearing back from 2 attorneys myself. I should hear back from them next week.

Where do I go from here?

Old 12-07-2013, 02:33 PM

23,603 posts, read 12,543,921 times
You'll probably get that green card back at some point, but just in case you don't then you can always go to the USPS site, put in the tracking number and it will show if it was delivered or not. If it was delivered then you can print out a copy of the USPS delivery info for your files.

Many times legal things tend to move at a slow pace so don't sweat it. At least it gives you time to wait on those other lawyer to contact you back and give you their feedback on your situation.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1o5 View Post
Lycos:

So i sent out those Notices of election for arbitration. (without the actual demand for arbitration through JAMS). I send 2 separate ones to the attorney for each case, and i sent 1 each to both of the loan places. I only got 3 green cards back. I didnt get a green card back from Speedy cash.

I havent heard a peep from the attorney for about 2/3 days now, not since he asked me if i was filling bankruptcy and to give him my attorneys name and number if i was so they could work something out. He was also trying to tell me he called jams and both parties including myself have to pay 400 dollar initial fee, plus 350 arbitrator fees and he gave me the number to JAMS to call them myself. So i did and they notified me that I only pay 250 and he would pay the rest. I let him know that.

Im also waiting on hearing back from 2 attorneys myself. I should hear back from them next week.

Where do I go from here?
One of your contracts says that the company will pay for your filing fees, I would hold them to that. There is not much you can do though. You can either wait until the lawyer pays the arbitration filing fees or you can file yourself. Either way, I would not expect much out of this case.

What do you want to happen?

Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM

I just didnt know If I should send in the Demand for arbitration under JAMS or if I should just wait to hear from the lawyers next week or what.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I just didnt know If I should send in the Demand for arbitration under JAMS or if I should just wait to hear from the lawyers next week or what.
JMO, you might wait until after Monday or Tuesday. One of the lawyers is supposed to get back with you on Monday, the other said next week, so you might wait to see if you can go over this with at least one of them before you completely commit yourself in one direction.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 PM

Well its the end of the week and I have not heard back from either of the attorneys I was told I would hear back from.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Well its the end of the week and I have not heard back from either of the attorneys I was told I would hear back from.
Did you try contacting them throughout the week?
It's been longer than 14 days after service hasn't it? Have you checked to see if that lawyer had filed the complaints with the court, or if he had missed his window to do so?

Old 12-15-2013, 02:22 PM

I have called the courts nothing was filed. The lady i spoke to said he has until the end of the month?

No i didnt try to contact the lawyers i was speaking to but I will be on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance