Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Are you really suggesting that you have 1B us dollars in your brokerage account? Are you really asking how the title should be changed or do you already know the answer to that?
Whooooooooossssshhhhhhhh

Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Whooooooooossssshhhhhhhh
In any battle of wits here on C-D, it's always the smart play to side with the poster whose rep points exceed the number of posts.

Thus, MadMan > ThinkingMan.

And just to prove my sincerity, I'm sending a billion dollars to everyone here who meets that criterion.

Not that any of you really need it, given your current success!

Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
Lol.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 PM

98 posts, read 120,119 times
Some time ago I was leisurely lounging watching Netflix when I came upon an interesting animated series featuring a narcissistic secret agent with major mommy issues and no social filter who works with other severely dysfunctional human beings, including a particularly portly and magnificent woman who loves to say "sploosh."

I was shocked! Not only did I invent the word sploosh but I had been awarded a design patent describing possible contraption that would create this very sploosh that's been blatantly bandied about in this animated series. I immediately got on the phone with my IP legal team and obtained licensing fees for every sploosh uttered in that show by every character and their likeness....

Doubled my billion by the end of the week.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,028 times
I once read somewhere on C-D that a guy made over a billion by inventing "dirt."

Old 07-24-2014, 07:09 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,768,845 times
A billion? One billion USD?
I am really sorry to report that a billion just AIN'T what it used to be folks!
..and inflation will eat the hell outta it in no time!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,778,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
In any battle of wits here on C-D, it's always the smart play to side with the poster whose rep points exceed the number of posts.

And just to prove my sincerity, I'm sending a billion dollars to everyone here who meets that criterion.

Never thought of it that way, but I like your determination factor.

1.26 Rep/Post! I'm about to become a billionaire!

Edit: And that's how I saved my first Billion.

Last edited by Jeo123; 07-24-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-24-2014, 08:34 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post

Never question the wits and the superiority of THE Thinkingman. I forgive you this time.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:29 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Before age 40. I got 1/2300th of what my bud Rumsfeld referred to being missing from the Pentagon the day before 9-11 and I'm living in Acuifere Guarani, Paraguay where my neighbor, who I don't see - because he has a 100,000 acre ranch - has all these former military looking guys hanging around. Can be annoying at times with the aircraft, but the water is plentiful and pure and the Germans living close by strike me as being of a different era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcBaG-S7UA

Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,059,481 times
We are all trillionaires. The wealth is shared by you and me and it's the general fund of the United States Treasury. We are the owners of it because we have the voting power over the representatives who manage that money that was fundraised to us, by us, for us...through a voluntary system of declaring what is yours and paying tax on it...then agreeing to elect a President who appoints the agents who execute enforcement of the laws of the lawmakers we elect in the House and Senate, and we all agreed to leaders who agreed to the income tax to raise this money.

They typically fundraise 2 trillion of it a year. That money is your trillion and also my trillion.

It is by our indirect consent, used to subsidize healthcare for elderly "Medicare", HHS-CMS, provide social insurance pension "social security" SSA, CDC, NIH, repair roads "US DOT, secure the homeland DHS, assist the nation in agricultural production "DOA", establish justice DOJ, Department of Labor, provide defense via Army, Airforce, Marine Corps, Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA, Navy, Coast Guard, Reserve, FBI, CIA, assist Veterans in rewards for their service VA, Preserve our monuments "American Battle Monuments Commission", Small Business Administration, Department of Education, Atomic Energy Commission, Peace Corps, Foreign Aid services, Security and Exchange Commission

Import-Export services, National Science Foundation, NASA, US Postal Service, Census Bureau, Office of Personnel Mgmt, State Department, Department of Energy, Tennessee Valley Authority, Smithsonian Institute, Department of Commerce (regulates interstate commerce), FDIC, Farmers Insurance Co, FCC "regulates telecommunications", NPR, Endowment for the Arts, Corporation for public broadcasting, Drug Enforcement Agency, USDA

Smithsonian Institute, Library of Congress, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, National Park Service

Government Accountability Office, OMB, Department of the Treasury (includes IRS)
Railroad Retirement Board
Environmental Protection Agency,

And of course, the funding for the Judicial Branch and Congress and the President's own compensation

And...most important above all...the payment of interest on borrowings from bond-holders both domestic and abroad, and on lendings by foreign governments and for corporations to protect the US faith and credit "our AA bond rating"

It's a LOT of money !!!!! We spend

Last edited by EricS39; 07-24-2014 at 10:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance