Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 10:11 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,834,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I didn't say 30 years ago there you go making up things again. You were also questioning more than one person.

Disingenuous once again
20 YEARS AGO then (I corrected it)! Why are you talking about 20 or 30 years anyway when the chick said they are making this level of income TODAY ??

Old 06-04-2016, 10:19 PM

26,198 posts, read 21,666,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
20 YEARS AGO then (I corrected it)! Why are you talking about 20 or 30 years anyway when the chick said they are making this level of income TODAY ??

Did you not realize you were questioning multiple,people? You have trouble keeping things straight

I also called out of of the people for taking assistance but I know you struggle keeping up. We also,discussed 50k in income and a stay at home parent which you found impossible as well. Maybe take 5 and go back and reread because you forgot a lot including things you've said

Old 06-04-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Did you not realize you were questioning multiple,people?
Well, maybe you need to stop butting into my discussions if you can't keep up? My attention turned to Ohky0815, the chick whose husband only brings in $2k a month after taxes and has to feed a family of 5 along with 6 animals. That's poverty.

She posted her budget and monthly expense breakdown. Major things like health insurance were missing, she didn't really state how much she has saved for emergency repairs, didn't list out if they have life insurance, didn't elaborate on the low transportation costs or the seemingly low car insurance costs, and in addition, what kind of damn life are her kids having?

- She listed nothing about recreational outings to Chucke Cheese, the movies, eating out at restaurants, going to amusement parks, karate, swimming, sports, etc.

- She listed nothing about saving for their college fund

- She listed nothing about what the kids get for their birthday, for Christmas, etc. Do they even HAVE a damn Christmas or birthday party?

She's living in poverty, which is why she qualified for food stamps. But she's up here talking about "budgeting" like she's Suze Orman for goodness damn sakes. I can't imagine they have any type of significant savings or CUSHION, if her husband loses his $24,000 a year after taxes job, they are most likely immediately SCREWED.

Then she wants to talk about "responsibilities", let me tell you something SISTER....I would NEVER have 3 kids with a stay at home wife, and only make $24,000 a year AFTER TAXES. That's what you call stupid.

If I'm going to have a stay at home wife with 3 kids, I'm going to at least bring in $150k a year within a low or decent cost of living area to the table, so my kids can have a good/decent childhood, college savings, etc. I'm not going to try to do all of this with only $24,000 a year after taxes living on the poverty line!

Old 06-04-2016, 10:34 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,860,499 times
Quote:
I have a lot of responsibilities, just because I chose not to have kids yet doesn't mean I don't have responsibilities. I damn sure wouldn't want my 3 kids to be cramped up in a 3 bedroom small house with 6 animals, NO health insurance, they get to take NO vacations or trips, NO recreation (not even a damn Chucke Cheese outing or family night to see Captain America), and they can't have any damn McDonald's Happy Meals or visit a nice restaurant every now and then, because their low-dollar parents are trying to take care of 5 people and 6 animals with $2,000 a damn month.

I wonder what type of college education fund you are saving for those 3 kids? Oh, you don't have such a fund do you? So we (the tax payers) will have to fund their Pell Grants when they get older.

And for you to get up here bragging about this crap like it's anything intriguing about this is unbelievable. Your kids don't even get to enjoy anything in life.

Plus you got up here and didn't even mention at the beginning how you were living off of the government getting assistance, I'm sure you are getting other types of financial assistance, probably from family members.

Now if anybody here wants to believe you feed 2 ADULTS AND 5 KIDS on $200 a damn month without everybody in the house eating roman noodles everyday....beans/rice everyday....or getting significant assistance from the government, then you are as naive
We are not cramped up. We actually have quite a bit of space. I've never complained.
I never said we don't have insurance. I said it will be through his new job and I couldn't estimate.
We do take vacations if we can. I never said we don't go places and do things. We aren't hermit crabs. We just ate out and had pizza Friday actually.
I never said they didn't have a college fund.
My children are happy and healthy. Thanks for caring.
Why would family need to help when we have money?????
It has been explained MULTIPLE times how to eat cheaply.

I'm sorry you can't read. Perhaps some literacy classes would help?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:34 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,632,936 times
So, a number of us on here have raised kids and know what it takes, yet Mr. Tucker who would never even considered it is here to tell us how its done? Whats wrong with this picture?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
We are not cramped up. We actually have quite a bit of space. I've never complained.
I never said we don't have insurance. I said it will be through his new job and I couldn't estimate.
We do take vacations if we can. I never said we don't go places and do things. We aren't hermit crabs. We just ate out and had pizza Friday actually.
I never said they didn't have a college fund.
My children are happy and healthy. Thanks for caring.
Why would family need to help when we have money?????
It has been explained MULTIPLE times how to eat cheaply.

I'm sorry you can't read. Perhaps some literacy classes would help?
You can't do all of that on $2,000 a month AFTER taxes, you just listed out your damn budget, there was NO room in there for the rest of the things I've listed. The math doesn't add up!

I'm done..........I'm sick of talking to disingenuous people.

Carry on..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
So, a number of us on here have raised kids and know what it takes, yet Mr. Tucker who would never even considered it is here to tell us how its done? Whats wrong with this picture?
It's called BASIC MATH!

Old 06-04-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe you need to stop butting into my discussions if you can't keep up? My attention turned to Ohky0815, the chick whose husband only brings in $2k a month after taxes and has to feed a family of 5 along with 6 animals. That's poverty.

She posted her budget and monthly expense breakdown. Major things like health insurance were missing, she didn't really state how much she has saved for emergency repairs, didn't list out if they have life insurance, didn't elaborate on the low transportation costs or the seemingly low car insurance costs, and in addition, what kind of damn life are her kids having?

- She listed nothing about recreational outings to Chucke Cheese, the movies, eating out at restaurants, going to amusement parks, karate, swimming, sports, etc.

- She listed nothing about saving for their college fund

- She listed nothing about what the kids get for their birthday, for Christmas, etc. Do they even HAVE a damn Christmas or birthday party?

She's living in poverty, which is why she qualified for food stamps. But she's up here talking about "budgeting" like she's Suze Orman for goodness damn sakes. I can't imagine they have any type of significant savings or CUSHION, if her husband loses his $24,000 a year after taxes job, they are most likely immediately SCREWED.

Then she wants to talk about "responsibilities", let me tell you something SISTER....I would NEVER have 3 kids with a stay at home wife, and only make $24,000 a year AFTER TAXES. That's what you call stupid.

If I'm going to have a stay at home wife with 3 kids, I'm going to at least bring in $150k a year within a low or decent cost of living area to the table, so my kids can have a good/decent childhood, college savings, etc. I'm not going to try to do all of this with only $24,000 a year after taxes living on the poverty line!
Again, you CANT read!

I said health insurance could be estimated yet because he starts a NEW JOB. I have a savings, i dont need to list how much because its none of your freaking business! No we dont have life insurance (well i dont but he does through work), I DID say about transportation cost and car insurance!

My children do go out and do things! They dont NEED those things though! We are supposed to go to a day camp tomorrow with a local Jewish group. We just went for Pizza Friday. Tuesday was a Garden Camp.

I listed above their college fund, again not that its ANY of your business

We do celebrate birthdays and they get small gifts and cards with a party. We do NOT celebrate Christmas because we celebrate Jewish holidays.

and good luck on your plan.

NOW< STOP CALLING ME OUT LIKE IM THE BAD GUY! You asked for examples and i gave some real life ones, as have others.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
You can't do all of that on $2,000 a month AFTER taxes, you just listed out your damn budget, there was NO room in there for the rest of the things I've listed. The math doesn't add up!
People do it ALL the time, even on LESS.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Amen to that! Someone NOT married, with NO children giving advice like hes the God of all.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:58 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,632,936 times
How did I manage to forget that we did Disneyland and Knots berry farm also on 35k a year? I remembered the gross Santa Monica Hotel and forgot about those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.