Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 03:46 PM

62,309 posts, read 88,204,799 times

Advertisements

Yay! A happy ending!!! That's what we like to hear!
Thank you for the update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM

2,769 posts, read 1,812,815 times
Great news, happy that things worked out for you.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,306,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countonme View Post
Hello everybody I am happy just an update I went to my tax lady and we call the IRS special hotline and worked it all out the IRS made a mistake by taking away my

Decrease in credit tax withheld

Hey saw all of my forms plus my Amendment and they are going to send me a new letter with a $300 charge instead of $7,659

I knew that I did not owe this money I'm not a deadbeat and I try to stay on top of these kind of things even though I had a couple rough years

I received this letter and got scared and without you guys who knows what would have happened I did not know where to ask it and I remember city data

This Fourm reminds me of like 2002 when you needed some information you would go to the top message boards and there was a lot of good people there
Thank you everybody for waking me up you guys are rockstars
Glad that it worked out for you! It is always better to talk to the IRS.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:42 PM

6,667 posts, read 7,426,051 times
Quote:
Hello everybody I am happy just an update I went to my tax lady and we call the IRS special hotline and worked it all out the IRS made a mistake by taking away my

Hey saw all of my forms plus my Amendment and they are going to send me a new letter with a $300 charge instead of $7,659

I knew that I did not owe this money I'm not a deadbeat and I try to stay on top of these kind of things even though I had a couple rough years

I received this letter and got scared and without you guys who knows what would have happened I did not know where to ask it and I remember city data

This Fourm reminds me of like 2002 when you needed some information you would go to the top message boards and there was a lot of good people there
Thanks for telling us what happened. I think a lot of people get small bills (yours was not small) and panic and just pay. I know one state that sent out a lot of bills for small amounts and the bills were wrong but most people paid them. The point is don't pay unless you know the bill is reasonable. But as you learned, do not ignore the bill. If you do not know what to do sent a letter to the taxing authority saying you are trying to figure thinks out and need a little more time. Don't just ignore them.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:45 PM

9,987 posts, read 7,900,753 times
So happy to hear that! Thanks for updating us.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:56 PM

129 posts, read 334,149 times
Hello everybod just a quick update on my IRS tax situation they are paid off 100% And this year I got a refund of $7

You guys are the best I learned a lot

Old 04-12-2018, 09:37 AM

6,994 posts, read 4,015,889 times
Quote:

Reminds me of about 10 years or so ago when they tried to claim that I had received Social Security benefits that I didn't report. I said, um... I'm in my early 30's, not disabled, nor do I have any dependents who receive it. This was the year we got that $600 rebate, and they were threatening to take it back plus some more $$. Again, their mistake.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:39 AM

6,994 posts, read 4,015,889 times
Quote:
Hello everybod just a quick update on my IRS tax situation they are paid off 100% And this year I got a refund of $7

You guys are the best I learned a lot
I got $1.00. Every little bit counts, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance