Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 08:47 PM

63 posts, read 49,095 times

Advertisements

The wallet contains $54,000 in cryptocurrency. I found the physical key and code in an old Nintendo DS case while moving. I am able to transfer in and out, yes I've checked and verified.

I lost my house.

So, after I lost my house my mind wandered away. Credit is down 102 points, bought a Birkin, a car, and other expensive gadgets. Didn't care, bought everything. Student loans were only for education as required, but I took an excessive amount of classes with the idea to gain marketable skills. Not sure if it helped or not.

I grounded myself earlier this year after a late payment scare on my rent. Even if I overspend, I've never missed a payment on any debts or contracts, as proudly idiotic as that sounds. The late payment led to loan consolidation in February.

My income has reduced severely as well, $55,800. I currently have $35,000 in total loan debt with low interest, with $19,000 in student loans. I have consolidated and effectively paid off 3 of 5 of my credit cards, the highest balance (prior to consolidation) was $13,000. I received a letter saying 50% of my student loans may be waived but they haven't been forgiven yet.

I am 5 months ahead on the loan consolidation payments already. I am in the process of returning more misc items I don't need/use. I don't want to apply all the crypto to the debt. I am not burdened by the debt, the monthly payments are low. There is also the fear of FOMO, if I sell now and not able to recoup the gain later. Its also a functional savings account, since I have never touched it or considered it when I was taking responsibility to pay my debts.

I also want to rebuild my savings and try again for a house. I am terrified and afraid, but I can't rent forever now that I've introduced myself to the principles of homeownership.

I prefer the realistic approach of this forum. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 08:14 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,149,219 times
Your post is very confusing. Maybe list your income & expenses, debts & assets in a more organized fashion, and put your life events in chronological order. I'll bet you get some replies if/when you do that. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2023, 02:56 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwestside View Post
bought a Birkin,

At least it wasn't a Merkin.

Old 05-30-2023, 03:40 PM

834 posts, read 466,835 times
I don't think I'd touch that crypto for a while longer. When interest rates go back down crypto might go up big. It's good you're staying up on paying off stuff. Lot easier to sleep at night even if you have to sacrifice now.
Sounds to me like you are doing good now. Keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance