Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 PM

610 posts, read 3,015,063 times

Advertisements

Anyone on here have a Chase Freedom Credit Card or a Blue from American Express Credit Card? If so, are you happy with your card?

It seems like both of those cards have a decent cashback/rebate program although their interest rates are rather high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,927,572 times
How funny...we have 2 credit cards, and guess what they are!

Honestly I prefer the AmEx blue over our Chase Freedom; the rewards are more straightforward and a better % on overall purchases. Also with the AmEx there is a GREAT way of making graphs and charts through the website and seeing where your money goes.

We got the Chase Freedom because we needed a non-AmEx card to pay our health insurance with. Also, at the moment we're getting a year of no interest (expires October 2010). It's fine, but we use the AmEx more. Chase has this lame "rewards mall" thing to cash in your points. We never use that--we just order the rewards checks.

Honestly we never have paid a cent of interest on either card, so I couldn't tell you what our APRs are. All in all, though, both cards are good, but I would lean towards the AmEx Blue.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,191 times
I think American Express customer service takes all. I had to have a few cards replaced, spent 15 minutes talking to my Citibank mastercard person to mail me out a new card (after them trying to upsell me insurance and other crap), Amex took maybe 3 minutes with no upsell. I dont use it a whole lot though

Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
I have an AmEx Blue Cash, and I use it all the time. They've raised my interest rate twice, by a total of about 8 points, but I pay in full every month so it's more of an annoyance than a concern. No annual fee + generous cashback program = one happy customer.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 PM

805 posts, read 1,870,922 times
We have the Amex blue cash and are very happy. When I had problems with Amex they quickly sorted the issue and I got follow-up calls to double check it was all OK. Great service and the best website I have seen from a credit card company.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
AMEX Blue cash rocks!
I used the card for gas, groceries, gym membership, cell phone service, pet supplies and medical co pays after using all of my FSA for the year and I got a cash back reward of $196!
Never paid a dime in interest for using it and they gave me a increase of $2k in credit limit (it's now $11k) which puts me in excellent credit levels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance