Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM

725 posts, read 3,014,996 times

Advertisements

Whenever I am having a frustrated moment with my dog, I try and think of the cutest thing he has ever done and it helps me get over the frustration. That being said, what is the cutest thing you've seen your little buddy do?

Bristow (Chihuahua/Papillon mix) is a big time chewer/shredder and one time he was making trouble in the bathroom. I called out his name, and he came running down the hall with a roll of toilet paper in his mouth, plys waving in the air and all. It was super cute, I couldn't stay mad at him. There has got to be a cute commercial in there somewhere.

Lately, when I take him out to my courtyard, he likes to grab sticks and twigs. He'll kind of do this grab and run motion, and it's funny when he tries to pick up a branch that is obviously ten times his size.

When I had my other Chihuahua (before my loser ex stole her from me), I was in the bathroom once and she went to prance off into the living room. I said "cake" and she walked backwards and peeked around the bathroom door. That was the cutest thing I've ever seen her do. I wish I had captured these moments on video ;(

ETA: Sorry I meant PET in topic title and not exclusive to DOG... but I can't seem to edit the subject
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
We have a few ferrets, two are blind. The blind boys gets around as thou he had sight. The blind girl gets lost easy. Her sister leads her around with little squeaks and grunts and guides her up the pillows to the top of our bed.

Years ago with my raccoon, he would beg like a dog wondering what I may be eating. One night he was enjoying a filet o fish from McDonalds so I pestered him like he did me, asking what do you have. So he turns his back on me with his sandwich, turns around and gave me half. Of course I gave it back and praised him.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
My Green Cheek Conure likes to pick up one of his food pellets with his foot and trace around his eye like he's putting eyeliner on. However, when I catch him doing this, he, being the manly-man little bird he is, makes a big show of crunching on the pellet. He also likes to dance, and if you start dancing, he'll dance with you, music or no.

My Nanday Conure will carry on an entire conversation with you, especially after the phone rings. "Hi! Okay. Okay. Okay. What? Okay. Buh-BYE!" He also purrs. It's a high little trill.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
The dog I picked out for my mom/little sisters is a Boxer, but he's the dumbest dog I've ever met..
I was throwing the ball for him one night in the back yard, with just the porch light on. I tossed it and heard it hit the fence, and a second later I hear the fence go "CHIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG".

The dog ran into the fence trying to get the ball, I thought that was pretty cute.

Another thing he does is use ME as a pillow- when I go to visit, he gets all excited and sleeps on the bed with me the entire time I'm there. I sleep on my stomach, and when I wake up in the morning he'll be laying his head on my back or shoulder.

My dad's dog likes to sit and lean up againts people's legs. if you stop scratching his ears, he'll look at you upside-down.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
Every morning my Sydney climbs up on the kitchen chair and sits there like she's waiting for her cup of coffee...must be petted or she will place one paw gently on the table.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
I love when my cats are licking themselves and then they stop and look up and their tongue is sticking out of their mouth. It's too cute!!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Our oldest ferret at ten years old lays near the closet cabinet door and plays with it from the bottom. I realized yesterday it is because she is too weak to climb up the 3 inches to get inside to sleep. I built her a handicap ramp yesterday so she can walk into the cabinet and sleep with the others.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
My Siamese cat was so smart. Once he was on the bed with me and my other kitty was under the blankets. I asked Simon, " where is Chianti?" "Simon I can't find her anywhere, where is she?" He finally got up went over to the lump in the blanket, took his paw and tapped the lump then went back and laid down. I about fell off the bed. I really wondered how high his IQ was for a cat. RIP, Simon.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:04 PM

254 posts, read 415,018 times
Unfortunately I didn't get custody of my dog in the divorce. But I still marvel at what an amazing dog he was, and since I have kept in touch with my ex I get pictures occasionally. (yes, pathetic, I know...but he is such a cute and great dog)
His name is Moe and he is a rott/pitt/american bulldog mix.
He did a LOT of cute things, but the absolute cutest, and also the most touching, was that whenever I cried he would jump up onto the bed and nuzzle my face and whimper and whine. It never ceased to put me in a better mood.
Dogs are so awesome!

Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 PM

386 posts, read 1,364,211 times
When I leave the house, my dog Annie takes one, and only one slipper out of the closet, puts it in the family room and lays with it until I come home. She has never chewed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets