Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times

Advertisements

After looking at the news about the chiguagua that rescued the baby from a rattlesnake, I remembered my German Shephard that bit my friend who came in unanouced.Of course we had to take him to the hospital. he had his buns stitched up. I felt sorry for him. But I think my dog was a hero! I knew that he could protect me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
My son (16) had a "long time ago" friend stopping by. My GSD wouldn't let him in the house. Barking his head off and herding him out the door. Later i asked my son what's the deal with the kid? He used to hang out at our house with no dog ever bothering him. My son told me he is using drugs now and not his friend any more.
My roommate we used to have few years ago, used to smoke pot here and there, my dog wouldn't let him in the house either. I figured, it's time for the roommate to get out. So, i have to say thank you to my loyal companion to be a drug detection dog LOL.
I told my son to bring his friends over, so i can find out who's smoking what LOL

Old 07-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Maybe he should be a police dog He should be trained

Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
My dog's a German Shepherd mix (I think ), and I KNOW he'd protect me with his life... but only if he really needed to, since he's a sweet & shy dog by nature. But one time he proved his protective abilities to me, when we were outside late at night. We were playing ball in our parking lot around 1am, and the complex security guard snuck up on us from behind... Rudy went completely ballistic, circling him, snarling and growling, until I called him off. He never actually tried to bite or pin him down, but his behavior would've scared off any criminal/attacker! Luckily the guard had known him since puppyhood, and just laughed off the whole thing - but it made me feel good, especially since I was in a really bad neighborhood at the time (and a woman living alone).

Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,578 times
My dogs would both protect me with their life!...my BC is getting up in years but she's still good in the protection department.

My APBT is very loyal. I saved her from an awful situation she was in at the time and because of that My aunt always tells me the dog will forever be at my side, protecting me as I protected her.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Great stories! it shows how dogs can be men/women's best friend!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 AM

Here's all! Thanks for sharing all this infor about Pit Bulls!

This is very thorough, You should write a little book about it,don't you think?

Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Here's all! Thanks for sharing all this infor about Pit Bulls!

This is very thorough, You should write a little book about it,don't you think?
I'm glad you didn't mind me posting that. I just figured I would share it as long as we were talking about hero dogs, because "pit bulls" only seem to come up when people are talking about so-called "dangerous" dogs. I wanted to show that not all "pit bulls" are bad.. you know? I would love to write a book on all of this! I wouldn't really know how to go about getting started and all of that, but if I ever get the time, I would love to do something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets