Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times

Advertisements

I once sang to my puppy songs,he never responded,until I sang "you are my sunshine,my only sunshne,you make me happy when sky is grey,you never know dear how much I love you.so don't take my sunshine away. He went crazy! he loved it! He would put his paws on my arm,just waited until I finished
Do you have a song your pet likes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,226,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I once sang to my puppy songs,he never responded,until I sang "you are my sunshine,my only sunshne,you make me happy when sky is grey,you never know dear how much I love you.so don't take my sunshine away. He went crazy! he loved it! He would put his paws on my arm,just waited until I finished
Do you have a song your pet likes?

That is just too precious. I don't know if my dogs like it or not, but I sing that song to them as well.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,038 times
Smile Awwww

LOL...glad to see other people do this ...
I sing lullaby's...Rock-A-Bye-Baby-On-A-Tree-Top...lol...it actually helps her go to sleep...

Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,402,845 times
"You aint nothin but a hound dog"

Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,299,474 times
I used to have a friend who had a black lab named Molly...I used to sing her Good Golly Miss Molly...she got excited when I did.

I think animals take notice when your singing something with their name in it so I often sing to my pets, I just make up the words and put their name in it, usually something about how sweet and beautiful they are.

I do have one cat who I think does not hear normally, he used to lay on my desk right next to my subwoofer...I downloaded some Mozart and some music that has the sounds of rain and ocean waves in it and play it when he is laying on my desk...I don't know if he hears it or not.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:14 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
When I was living in California - I found this kitten, the size of a small mouse, laying not moving outside my sliding porch door. in 100degree (at least) pavement. I honestly thought it was a dead mouse. Her eyes weren't even open yet - so she had no idea who I was, when I picked her up, or what she was eating, when I scavenged the neighbors for an eyedropper... or how huge the bed was, that I lay down on, and in order for her not to get lost -( I was so worried about her the first few days of just plum dying on me ) she would sleep curled up inside my shirt, on my chest. I learned not to move. I learned to bottle feed her while she was upside down in the crook in my legs while I played on the computer... I cried the very first day she wobbled onto her front paws into her first sitting position on the bed, and opened her beautiful blue eyes for the first time, then promptly toppled over.

This cat, (and i know this will sound horribly bizaare) was rocked to sleep everynight by the Everquest theme!!

As she grew up, she would prop herself on top of the monitor and bat at things while I played my game ~ while I was gone at work, if i came home early enough I could catch her just staring sitting in front of the computer. the second the screensaver kicked in, she would attack the mouse - then calmly sit back down and wait for it again... it was a riot.

I still would rock and hummm the EQ theme when she was scared. thunderstorms, vet visits, bus trips, or just plum lonely and depressed. That cat became my better half for a long time.

I still miss you Mundus. Mommy loves you.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlekitten View Post
When I was living in California - I found this kitten, the size of a small mouse, laying not moving outside my sliding porch door. in 100degree (at least) pavement. I honestly thought it was a dead mouse. Her eyes weren't even open yet - so she had no idea who I was, when I picked her up, or what she was eating, when I scavenged the neighbors for an eyedropper... or how huge the bed was, that I lay down on, and in order for her not to get lost -( I was so worried about her the first few days of just plum dying on me ) she would sleep curled up inside my shirt, on my chest. I learned not to move. I learned to bottle feed her while she was upside down in the crook in my legs while I played on the computer... I cried the very first day she wobbled onto her front paws into her first sitting position on the bed, and opened her beautiful blue eyes for the first time, then promptly toppled over.

This cat, (and i know this will sound horribly bizaare) was rocked to sleep everynight by the Everquest theme!!

As she grew up, she would prop herself on top of the monitor and bat at things while I played my game ~ while I was gone at work, if i came home early enough I could catch her just staring sitting in front of the computer. the second the screensaver kicked in, she would attack the mouse - then calmly sit back down and wait for it again... it was a riot.

I still would rock and hummm the EQ theme when she was scared. thunderstorms, vet visits, bus trips, or just plum lonely and depressed. That cat became my better half for a long time.

I still miss you Mundus. Mommy loves you.
This is so beautiful.I had to read it several times,there is so much feelings in this story,that was real sweet.I am sure she is with you in spirit

Old 07-17-2007, 10:54 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Smile I sing to my birds

I'm glad to hear others sing to their pets too.

I have 2 parrots and they both speak. I sing 2 songs to them:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

You Are My Sunshine

One parrot just stares.....she has no interest in singing along, but the other one! My little guy "sings" along - if you could call it that! Completely off key too.....he's a terrible singer .

At the top of his lungs, he sings along, in parrot babble (I guess he can't keep up with the words). The one word he chooses to say in english during Twinkle Twinkle is "UP" - and he screams it......

"....how I wonder what you are, **UP!** above the earth so high....."

Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
Our parrots love the "Happy Birthday" song.

No matter what song we sing to them they turn it into... Happy Birthday To You!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post

At the top of his lungs, he sings along, in parrot babble (I guess he can't keep up with the words). The one word he chooses to say in english during Twinkle Twinkle is "UP" - and he screams it......

"....how I wonder what you are, **UP!** above the earth so high....."

...that is too cute!*at the top of his lungs*...lol...my grammy had birds...she always sang to them and they tried their hardest to hold a note...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets