Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 02:42 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Donald Trump has never gone bankrupt. A few out of hundred of corporations that he owned have. There is a huge difference. That's like saying someone is in severe debt just because he has max one of his 15 credit cards, while his other 14 credit cards has zero balance on them and he has millions in his bank account.
He has indeed gone bankrupt. He has not been shy about this. His bankruptcies are public record.

About the animals? People sometimes collect animals when there is a void in their lives. They usually have a good heart.

I'd help the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 05:07 PM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My cats eat meat, of course, but they don't eat their food while its still alive

Even in the wild, carnivores kill their prey before eating!
Not true. Watch any films of canines, hyenas, or lions hunting; they start devouring their prey before it's dead. So would your cat, if given the opportunity.

And most snake owners feed their snakes thawed frozen rodents, as it's safer for the snake.

Quote:
Besides, a snake is pure evil!!!!!!!
No animal is pure evil (or pure good, for that matter). Animals defy such simplistic descriptions. They simply ARE, and they do what they do purely for reasons of survival.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:11 PM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiplong View Post
There are incidents of pythons killing babies as well.
The big ones, yes. Some, like the Burmese Python, can even be a threat to an adult, and probably shouldn't be owned outside a zoo setting. But other species of python, like the Ball Python, stay quite small and are harmless. I hope he owns one of the latter, for his kid's sake.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:27 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
He has indeed gone bankrupt. He has not been shy about this. His bankruptcies are public record.
I feel like I am talking to some people who has zero concept about the difference between a corporation and a person.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:43 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I am guessing that it would be easier to get help for fixing the truck than fixing the truck and needing money to take care of the animals because just like so many here, it appears he may have some problems with his priorities. I would bet he always asking for money and they wanted his truck fixed so he wouldn't mooch off of them even more.

On, Trump, Quaker15 is right per the debate.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:44 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Ain't that the truth. Lord only knows how dogs even survived with people before there were vet's, bagged dog food and spay and neuter practices. Ya know- back when most people had squat for money. Dogs eating nothing but scraps and whatever they could find outside.

What a miracle.
When I had my Doberman, I quit talking to people about him because most of them had this exact same attitude. I guess the bottom line was, I cared about my dog. I cared enough to not feed him just table scraps, I cared enough to get him vaccinated and trained, I cared enough to bring him to the vet if something happened, and I cared enough to make him a member of my family, instead of just a dog tied to a doghouse out in the yard 24/7.

And he repaid that over thousands of times, including scaring away a man who had followed me on a back road and into a park.

I used to take my mice into the vet to be humanely put down when they were older, so they wouldn't suffer unnecessarily. I figured my animals were in my care and it was my responsibility to take care of them. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I feel like I am talking to some people who has zero concept about the difference between a corporation and a person.
Wait! You didn't get the news? According to the Supreme Court, a corporation IS a person, re their opinion on Hobby Lobby and birth control.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:22 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
I forgot to mention, I owned 20 mice at one time. However, as long as Michelle Duggar can have 19 kids, I see nothing excessive about 20 mice....just sayin'. LOL

Old 08-17-2015, 02:24 AM

6 posts, read 7,078 times
rodentraiser, LOL I SO agree !!!

Old 08-17-2015, 04:39 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I forgot to mention, I owned 20 mice at one time. However, as long as Michelle Duggar can have 19 kids, I see nothing excessive about 20 mice....just sayin'. LOL
Having 19 kids is excessive.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:40 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
My cats eat meat, of course, but they don't eat their food while its still alive

Even in the wild, carnivores kill their prey before eating!

Besides, a snake is pure evil!!!!!!!

I personally do not wish to own a snake, but, snakes are not evil at all. Yet another stupid statement by you.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets