Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:52 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

I think they all respond to "trouble".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 01:18 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Isabella Grace is usually called Bella or Bella Boo but she is also sometimes called tank and widea$$.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:31 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I often call my corgi, Shermyn:
Toolbox
Jerkyboy
Buttplug

I often call my (mentally ill) dog Winnie:
Crazygirl (when she's barking at vases and light switches)
Puppy-hole
Winnie-hole

My polydactyl cat Artie, I sometimes call:
Thumbs
Arthur Thumbzarelli

Our cat Norman who died a few years ago was always Schmoo (he was white and shaped like the Schmoo).

Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Mine answers to Kitty, but she's also known as You-da-Kitty and BabyCatz
Oh, and also: Kitty van Kat.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I don't remember the last time I called my pets by their actual names.

Boy dog - Shasta:
Nickname: "No!" (Just kidding) Shasterpastor, hoodlum, idiot (with affection of course)

Girl dog - Sakari
Nickname: Manipulator, punk, hoodlum, idiot, drama queen, your majesty

When it's time for them to come in, I say, "Let's go, idiots." They love it.

Cats

Serenity - I've had her for 16 years, I can't even count the number of nicknames that she has. Renpen, Seren, sugar drippings, (she's all white), best friend, light o' my life...listen, we'll be here all day, let's just move on.

Rani - Ranikins

Daniel Stripe Tiger - fluffy, fluffmeister

Shadow - mama, little black kitty

Casper - Caspees, Caspy Paspy, Casper the friendly cat (you have to sing this) (God this is getting embarrassing admitting this)

Morticia - Actually, I do use her name, but I sing it every single time. I don't think I've ever just said her name, it's always sung.

Blondie - she is now gone, but I still miss her and refuse not to include her - Blondie Snacks. And I would sing the Cracker Jacks song to her: "Caramel coated Blondie Snacks...when you're really cute, they call you Blondie Snacks." God I miss her.

Every single one of them has, on several occasions, the word "pants" attached to the end of their actual name. Shastapants, Sakaripants, Serenitypants...you get the idea.

I have about a hundred songs for them that I have made up, again, with affection, don't hate.

Example:

My name is Sakari
And I am a sorry
Excuse for a dog
I have no concept of stay
I have no concept of stay

(other endings include: "I do not listen at all", and "I don't poop or pee when asked" (that was back when I was house training her)

Shasta gets, of course, the Shasta pop song. If you aren't from CA, look it up online. Replace, "pop" with "dog".

The cats get a variety of songs, like Blondie with her Cracker Jacks song, Casper with this Casper the friendly ghost song, (except it's 'cat' not 'ghost'), Rani gets that song by whatever his name was, "Da Do Ran, Ran, Rani, do, ran, ran..."

I think I just realized that I'm insane.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Past kitties:

We never referred to our cat Snowball by that name. He was always "The White One." He was deaf so we could have called him anything and he still wouldn't come. In fact the person we got him from called him "Blackie." Yeah, stupid name for a white cat-which is why we changed it-even though the name we changed it we never used.

Sheena was known as Ching, Ching. I don't know where that came from but that is what I called her a lot. One time I heard someone else refer to her by that name and it just sounded so wrong. That was MY name for her. No one else could use it.

Bear was "Beary Bear", Swatcha was "Swatcha Kitty", Brandy was "Bran Cakers", Andy was "Fat Boy."

Present kitties:

Electra is known as "Squeak" or once in a great while "Squeaky." I would say to her, "Squeak" and she does. Since Electra is the Squeak, Elvira is the "Mew" because that's what she does. She RARELY meows. Just mews. And not to be outdone, Josette is the Peep because that's what she does. So we have the Squeak, The Mew, & The Peep.

Cat

Old 10-19-2015, 07:17 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Geez, I don't feel quite so nutso after reading the previous postings. My cats are these:

Scooter: Long-haired male. Nicknames: Scootie-Boo, Scoot-Bootie, and STOP IT NOW!

Muffin: Tabby Female. Nicknames: Rootlepig (she's shaped like a groundhog); Bark Kitty (she can't meow so she actually makes an "ack ack" barking sound; and Muffy Poo.

Princess: Dilute Tortie. Nicknames: Princie Poo. Heifer Butt (she weighs 18 pounds).

Sweet Pea: Russian Blue female. Nicknames: Sweetheart Kitty, Complainy Cat.

Samovar Kiska: former purebred Russian Blue male (kitty love of my life). Nicknames: Psycho Kitty,
Klepto Kiska, Crazy Cat (there was definitely a theme there, but I loved that bad boy).

Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,236,598 times
Tuck: Tuckiedoo, Doodles, Toodly Doo, Fat Head (he actually answer as well to Fat Head as he does to Tuck!)
Taffy: Sweetie, Girl dog, Taff
Herman: Long dog or whatever we call him that time/day - he's deaf and relies on hand signals
Farmer: Dumb @ss, Ziggy

Old 10-19-2015, 10:53 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Our german shepherds name is a Japanese animae character . I call her Shakira because her name rhymes with that. And her hips shake with excitement when she sees us.
(Shakira song hips don't lie)
Big Girl.
Hairbrush.
Kitty kat because she wraps her body around you to cuddle .
Pretty girl.
Ferocious.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,395 times
My Cats:

Chloe: Chlo-girl, ChloChlo Chanel, Her Royal Majesty Queen Chlo-Chlo

Lily: Lil'-girl, Liliput, Princess Lily

Both answer to Pretty Girl

My Dog:

Preston: Bubba, Bubs or Bubba Gump Dog. Also, Sir Poops A-Lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets