Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Joe Biden has lost any respect I might have had for him after he purchased a designer dog. What a loser.

Are you equally upset at Bush over his "designer" Scottie?

I suspect your outrage is phoney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
A German Shepard is not a "designer dog".

Old 12-17-2008, 08:17 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Joe Biden has lost any respect I might have had for him after he purchased a designer dog. What a loser.
You're wasting electrons for this? Get a life, pay attention to things that matter.

OBTW, I've had pure breeds from a reputable breeder, pound dogs, and strays, and they are all wonderful. The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs, and you have certainly reinforced that concept

Old 12-17-2008, 08:32 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
He didn't get a "designer dog" which is basically a mixed breed dog, like a labradoodle or a maltipoo. He went to a breeder and bought a German Shepherd. I wish he'd gone to a shelter, but if he takes good care of the dog he's hardly setting a bad example for anyone.

You poor dear. You must have you been tied in knots all these years over the Bush's Scottie.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
The purchase of a dog is the last press blow hard Joe will get for the rest of his term. He was a joke when he was picked, but he served a purpose. BO used him for his 26 years experience. Now he is done with him and has tossed him under the bus where his big mouth can no longer embarrass Barrack.
It has already been announced his roll will be limited to presiding over the senate and voting in case of a tie, and he will attend State funerals. He will serve no other function.
Dick Cheney played a prominent role in Government, Blow hard Joe, not so much.....
I'm glad to see he will give a dog a good home, but it would have been better had he chosen a rescue animal.....

Old 12-17-2008, 09:33 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Another one of your many non issue threads...You bashed him all election season,so you can ease up a bit on the drama too.
Yeah EXACTLY where did I bash Joe Biden? Obama YES, Joe Biden?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,232 times
Quote:
Why on earth would you have had respect for Joe Biden?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
OP, your standards are very shallow if this one thing is enough to determine whether or not you respect a person.
You are shallow to think that a man should not be judged on the way he treats his family, friends and YES ANIMALS. If you can take the weak (animals that cannot speak for themselves) and weaken them buy purchasing a breeder dog, that speaks mountains to me about the kind of person you are.

Leave the weak behind because they are not got enough for you....I wonder if Joe Biden went to the shelter and picked out the one that would die for his choice?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You're wasting electrons for this? Get a life, pay attention to things that matter.

OBTW, I've had pure breeds from a reputable breeder, pound dogs, and strays, and they are all wonderful. The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs, and you have certainly reinforced that concept
If you don't think choices matter, then you are the joke. And from the terms you are using "reputable breeder" "pound dogs" it's obvious that you do not take notice of animal welfare.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
There are reputable breeders who breed based on strict regulations and only to better the breed.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_adoption_information/how_to_find_a_good_dog_breeder/ (broken link)

Biden did not buy from a byb.

He did not buy a designer dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets