Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 5,563 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I just accepted a job in Collegeville, Pa. I will be moving from the Northeastern part of Pa. Can anyone tell me what to expect? This is my first BIG MOVE and I'm sooo nervous!

I have an 8 year old and I will be needing before and after school care, along with something for part of the summer, and possibly a weekend here or there. Where I'm from the YMCA ran a program that offered all that. Is there something similar in Collegeville?

What can I expect with finding an apartment or house to rent? Does anyone have any good places to begin searching? I've tried out the online versions of the local newspapers, but everything seems very expensive. Is the going rate for apartments really $1500-over $2000 a month? Where I live now I only pay $600 for a half double with all utilities included except electric!

How about activities in the area? Fun things for kids? Moms? Art or music related activities?

I would really like to live in Collegeville itself (I do NOT like to drive!), but from the looks of the rental situation and finding daycare, I'm wondering if it would be better to move to a more populated area like Phoenixville to find more apartments and child care, and just deal with commuting?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 01:35 PM

23 posts, read 53,053 times
Not a Y in Collegeville, but there is one in Limerick, close by. Our family just moved here and we love it. Very close to Evansburg State park for hiking, Providence Town Square for shopping, Skippack Village is minutes away with shopping and a lot of great restaurants. I don't know much about the apartment scene, but I would think you should be able to find something somewhere. When you want to go into the city it takes about 35 minutes to Center city. (not during rush hour) when Im driving around this weekend if I notice any names of apartments I will let you know!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 PM

23 posts, read 53,053 times
Ya know what, that Y might be in Royersford not Limerick. Even closer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia